Favours on A Budget

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

travellingbid Posts: 6
Hi All, My sister is getting married this summer and has a pretty tight budget. She has had to cut out favours but I'd like to arrange something for her in the line of favours. I don't have a fortune to spend so all suggestions would be very welcome Thanks TB
Ilovetoast Posts: 2267
A friend of mine got really nice paper and hand wrote out love quotes for each table... it was such a nice thing to have! very personal and everyone took them home.. cost little or nothing, just some nice paper and a fancy gold pen..
Drummerswife Posts: 3497
I'm doing bookmarks with the meaning of each couples names on it. Takes a bit of work but costs very little.
Scruff1 Posts: 3139
[quote="soon2bmrsrb":1w9j6wvi]I'm doing bookmarks with the meaning of each couples names on it. Takes a bit of work but costs very little.[/quote:1w9j6wvi] Lovely idea!
XcitedMum2b Posts: 165
I got favours for a friend last year who i was doin bm for as a present as she wasnt going to do favours. I bought 100 organza bags in the bm colour off ebay for £7 (i think they were seconds but they were grand) and 100 mini packets off love hearts for £10 i think. Then i got personalised wrappers done for them at a printers and put them on the love hearts. It was less than £30 for the whole lot! If there is 200 guest, they would be nice for each couple even. HTH :thnk
DoMeAFavour Posts: 329
Hi travellingbid, We are an online wedding favour supplier called Do Me A Favour.ie Our range of favours vary from favour boxes to organza bags and Italian bomboniere. Prices start at just €0.65 for organza favour bags and from €1.00 for favour boxes.We offer a selection of fillings for free with all our favours. Free fillings include 5 chocolate eggs or 5 chocolate dragees or 5 mini jelly hearts or 1 Love heart mini roll. We deliver all our favours fully assembled (so no extra work for you :) ). You can view all our favours at http://www.domeafavour.ie Every week we run special offers so keep checking our homepage. If you wish additional info or a quote please PM me. Best of luck Dora
DoMeAFavour Posts: 329
Hi mrsmccarthyjuly2011, Just sent you a PM. Regards Dora
caramel10 Posts: 249
[quote="travellingbid":3ofjz1os]Hi All, My sister is getting married this summer and has a pretty tight budget. She has had to cut out favours but I'd like to arrange something for her in the line of favours. I don't have a fortune to spend so all suggestions would be very welcome Thanks TB[/quote:3ofjz1os] I wouldn't get any favours if i were you, i got married last year and favours are a thing int he past i think, no one bothers with them and cares if any at the table or not and they are a waste of money...as long as you have champagne on arrival and wine at the table for the meal you are sorted and guests will be happy :o)ll
happyfamily Posts: 3323
If I was your sister I'd probably prefer if you just gave me the cash that you would have spent on the favours instead! Not meaning to be harsh but I never see favours at weddings anymore and they're not expected. I don't think many people value or appreciate them either.
Skittlespink Posts: 406
I bought 100 chocolates of ebay that have our names and wedding date on them. They only cost around the 30 euro mark and are very cute!