Fecking plonkers sending me private messages.

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

kenko Posts: 1430
Yet again when i log on,im told there is a message in your inbox. I open up to find some company or whatever offering me their services O:| I chat to a lot of wollies on here and we pm each other a lot,so i would always open my inbox other than that i wouldnt bother.But it is very annoying when your getting these sent every few days. I reported this before to admission but the problem is back again. >:o(
barbaraann Posts: 1500
Keep letting admin know who is PMing you. We are not allowed to do that unless invited to do so. :wv
Thanks barbaraann,The cheek of them being so sneaky trying to hide their tracks by using wollies pms. I will contact admission and give them the info.Thanks :thnk
sunnygirl Posts: 1876
that's bad form. report to admin and also I'd also name and shame them in old faithfull or vendors & suppliers.
dita Posts: 960
I don't really understand whats the problem here...how is affecting your life that much that a vendor is sending an email..can you not just delete it... Is this not a site for vendors and suppliers aswell as brides... I'm not a vendor or anything just curious why this would be that annoying....
Hi dita,Your right its not the end of my world getting sent an email from a vendor but it is really annoying when you open up your inbox to discover 3 different vendors (not even irish vendors) about twice a week.This is only happening over the last few weeks really and not just to me but to other wollies also. I came on for a little rant on the day,but im well over it now thanks. :wv :wv
Hi dita,Your right its not the end of my world getting sent an email from a vendor but it is really annoying when you open up your inbox to discover 3 different vendors (not even irish vendors) about twice a week.This is only happening over the last few weeks really and not just to me but to other wollies also. I came on for a little rant on the day,but im well over it now thanks. :wv :wv
mrspants Posts: 4652
I hate that people PM on here without any reason! I've had PMs from people trying to sell me things and they are not registered suppliers. I also had someone PM me asking how much my house is costing. Weird!
barbaraann Posts: 1500
[quote="dita":2ebhujw8]I don't really understand whats the problem here...how is affecting your life that much that a vendor is sending an email..can you not just delete it... Is this not a site for vendors and suppliers aswell as brides... I'm not a vendor or anything just curious why this would be that annoying....[/quote:2ebhujw8] The point is, suppliers on this site are not allowed, it's part of what we sign up to and we can get in trouble for what is considered 'nuisance mail'. What really kills me, is 'pretend wollies' i.e. suppliers registering on the site as wollies and then annoying all you guys with their 'deals'. See the topic in V&S "Spam -o -rama" It is important to notify admin. as if we don't, it undermines the integrity >:o) of it and us as suppliers. It won't stop the problem, but it might reduce it. At the end of the day it's up to wollies to decide who they choose, and no one will dispute that, but at least when you deal with those of us who are registered suppliers, whether you employ our services or not, you know we are not hiding behind false names (and in my case you also have a photo below). Personally, I hate nuisance mail. :wv