Menu

first dress fitting

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

december29 Posts: 395
hi guys, heading for my first dress fitting today. Excitied and nervous at the same time, havn't seen the dress since march and am worried that i won't like it when i see it again!!!.....anyone else feel like this?
Dublin Girl Posts: 109
hey i've just paid the deposit on my dress (55%!!) However i'm looking at photo's of it on the internet and to be honest i'm feeling a bit nervous The thing i have to remember is that when i saw it first i said "no way", however i was persuaded to try it on and it looked really good. I just have to keep that thought into my head really, and so do you Your head is probs melted what with all that's going on around you but don't worry, you made the correct choice, so enjoy your fitting!!! O-O
Ca cest moi Posts: 7855
Hi Girls, Just wanted to say congratulations to both of you. Not at the Dress stage yet myself but its a big step both putting your deposit on an actual dress and going for your first fittng. Hope it was a great day for both of you. :compress By the way, does anyone know when the best time to look for a wedding dress would be. Should you wait until within the final year or when? I really dont know how long it takes to order dresses but am afraid to go looking to early either. :-8 Thanks for any help or advice ye might have. :compress
cuddlesxxx Posts: 260
i feel the same way am going for my fitting on thursday and am sooo stressed that i won't like it they way i did oh god i feel sick !!! :eek :eek :o( :o( let me know how you get on tell me good news please ha ha :o0 :o0
Duchess Snow Posts: 2348
I saw mine there last week and loved it still had been nervous beforehand but still loved it so just try to relax and enjoy it and remember how fantastic it will look with hair make up etc.
december29 Posts: 395
Hi Guys Had my first dress fitting yesterday! love it!! I had butterflies going into the shop but when i tried it on i remembered why i liked it! the dress itself is a-line but the dress maker is making it into a fish tail style for me and every pin she put in made such a difference to it ! Heading back to her in 2 weeks and she will have most of the adjustments done by then and she will also have the bridesmaids dresses nearly finished so can't wait for that! Lucly bride, the general thing is 6 months for ordering your dress. i picked mine in march and it came in last week! i know some places can put a rush on things if you need it sooner but generally it is 6 months + a few weeks then for alternations! best of luck with your hunt for "the" dress!
Kettles Hotel
december29, Thank you so much for your feedback on the dress shopping and for your kind words. In relation to your dress I am so glad to hear that you loved it when you went back. I am sure it is absolutely beautiful on you and Congratulations. I'd say you will be so excited when it is ready. *)
december29, Thank you so much for your feedback on the dress shopping and for your kind words. In relation to your dress I am so glad to hear that you loved it when you went back. I am sure it is absolutely beautiful on you and Congratulations. I'd say you will be so excited when it is ready. *)
feb007bride Posts: 153
Oh I'm so nervous about mine too but glad to hear good reports about going for the first fitting! I ordered mine in May and was told it should be in around the end of October/beginning of November so i'm just waiting for the call any day now! I'm sooo excited and sooo nervous - can barely remember what it looked like but I know I absolutely loved it at the time so hopefully I'll love it just as much when i see it again! :wv