Menu

For

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Kickasswife Posts: 4051
:o)ll
LastRolo Posts: 6892
Grey hairs???? On a lady??? You must be mistake KickAss...... those are silver highlights :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :o0 :o0 :o0 Nice & Easy is good...... as is Garnier Nutrice, can't remember the other brands
Kickasswife Posts: 4051
:o)ll
dancerformoney Posts: 2733
yes i do dye!! i dont like the garnier, it dried my hair loads! i use nice and easy, or Perfect 10. i like the perfect 10 the most.
LastRolo Posts: 6892
Yeah its not so bad. Some of the brands have a new make out now, its a foam instead of a creme so its meant to be easier to apply and get coverage. I always get my sister to do mine, so she can see if there are any missed bits, its hard to do yourself if you've long hair and no good mirror
dancerformoney Posts: 2733
[quote="Kickasswife":18s5povq][quote="LastRolo":18s5povq]Grey hairs???? On a lady??? You must be mistake KickAss...... those are silver highlights :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :o0 :o0 :o0 Nice & Easy is good...... as is Garnier Nutrice, can't remember the other brands[/quote:18s5povq] Mine are white highlights!! :duh: :duh: Thanks for that......really need to get this done :-8 Is it easy to do an at home job? :o0[/quote:18s5povq] yep really easy. just try to remember that subsequent times you dye, to try not to bring it through your hair to the ends every time. it will make the colour build up on the ends when ya only really need it on the top every time to cover the grey. i think you can get a highlight one that just does the roots. i had colour build up before my wedding and had to get it striped. the hairdresser sis a great job but its not great for your hair. try to avoid in first place!!
FUNtastic cornerstone
Time For A Change Posts: 6885
'Scuse me ladies, I beg to differ. It's not white, nor silver highlights - a male hairdresser in Peter Marks informed me that in fact they're called "natural highlights" in the trade!! Well if a "professional hair technician" calls it that, I'm stickin' with him!! :yelrotflmaosmilie: My hairdresser told me, that as much as I luuuurve the smell of those Aussie hair products, not to put it near your hair if you've coloured it! A client of hers washed her hair in it - and she ended up with a mop of green hair.......apparently this happens more often if you live in a hard water area (like me :o( )
Diamondz Posts: 2208
I use a semi-permanent colour and that means you don't need to worry about colour build up and your roots being a different colour. I use Garnier Herbashine or Garnier Movida. I've also used a Loreal one, but can't think of the name of it... but all have been really easy to use...
madhairday Posts: 1116
my natural highlights are so bad its off to the hairdresser every 6-8 weeks to get them done. :o0
Sassypants Posts: 4461
Funny I just read this thread... I'm sitting on end of my bed, on WOL (obviously!) with hair dye in my hair and a plastic bag on my head, Jaysus I'm a ROIDE!!!! I swear, if H2b walked in right now he'd pee himself laughing and he'd never call me sexy again. The magic would be gone. But at least I'll have gorgeous shiny hair with no "highlights" later :)