Games night

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

PaniniRoses Posts: 3628
In the interest of being less hermet-like in 2014, we're having a few friends in for pizza, beer and games next weekend. Unfortunately we have only a deck of cards and Risk in the house. I refuse to be drawn into a charades-related fiasco, so I'm looking for your favourite board games. Thanks!
somanyqs Posts: 262
5 second rule!! Its a kids game you can get it in smiths! You pick a card say name a band that starts with a so u go around everyone keeps going til theres a repeat or blank gets very funny after a few drinks! Its a must in our house at Christmas!!!
Lily K Posts: 643
We LOVE a good games night in this house! So cheap and cheerful and great for a laugh! Trivial pursuit is the firm favourite and can last hours. Someone brought telestrations a while back and Half of us thought it was great craic after a few drinks but others thought it was too silly. Enjoy!
craftyPB Posts: 2625
Cranium, Articulate, Humbug, Trival Pursuit, Family Fortunes and Catchphrase are a few of our favourites, along with Monopoly and the Pointless one is good fun too..
lollypopwife Posts: 836
My husband bought me '30 seconds' (the Irish edition) for Christmas and it was a great hit Christmas night,so much so my 25 year old bro borrowed it for new years eve with his friends. Great fun with a few drinks,you get a card with five names of things and have 30s to get them to guess the words by describing.
wollysocks Posts: 1773
Big fans of Cranium here...
MrsMtoB Posts: 1212
Love cranium here too!
rosiemama Posts: 3363
Cranium and family fortunes are favourites here too
PaniniRoses Posts: 3628
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll have a look in Smyths and see what I can get. I think the mother has Trivial Pursuit and maybe Cluedo so I might borrow them and pick up one or two others. DH is threatening to teach us how to play 25. I know he has tried to teach me before, but it's a bit of a deathmatch playing in his house on Christmas Eve, so my blackened shins have me worried!
Anfieldbabe8 Posts: 116
Linkee is a new one my sis got at Christmas. 4 questions on a card and the 4 answers are linked somehow & you have to guess the link. Went down well in ours.