Going to a Black Tie Wedding - Page 2

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

irie Posts: 217
We were at a black Tie wedding recently and quite a few of the guys wore nice black suits, white shirts and black ties, it can look much nicer thatn the tux because their own suit usually fits better than a rented one!
teapotty Posts: 2085
[quote="irie":255duuvv]We were at a black Tie wedding recently and quite a few of the guys wore nice black suits, white shirts and black ties, it can look much nicer thatn the tux because their own suit usually fits better than a rented one![/quote:255duuvv] Yeah I actually think a black suit and tie fits in just fine at black tie events. I noticed this year on the Rose of Tralee that Daithi wore a long black tie on the second night- I thought it looked quite modern actually. I think black suits and black ties only look "funeral-like" at funerals- they look different depending on the situation in which they are worn.
ott Posts: 3920
A black suit and one of those long, skinny black ties would be fab. And definitely not funeral-like.
allie12 Posts: 458
Have often seen guys do this for a black tie- sure they will all have the ties/bow ties off as soon as they can anyway!! >:o)
Pricetag Posts: 1306
After all that he's after buying a bow tie :o0