Gold sand for candles

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

redgp Posts: 1681
Can't seem to find this anywhere and looking for it for my hurricane vases. Wondering if anybody has any ideas where I could find some. Thanks! :o(
Bride1986 Posts: 56
Hi I'm looking for some too at a reasonable price..I found some online just Google decorative sand it should come up sorry don't remember the name of the site it was really expensive! Especially when you need a lot I'm also doing the vases. If you come across any could you keep me posted Thanks
Will do! The postage costs online are crazy because it's so heavy!
holyshitballs Posts: 851
Check Arts and crafts stores for some Gold "Tempura Powder paint" it is a powder that mixed with water makes paint, but if you get some play sand and mix it (dry - no need to add water) in with it, it will colour the sand for you. Most Arts stores will have the powder, just add bit by bit until you get the shade you want. You can pick up the play sand in a toy shop or similar, it'll be fine grain and good and clean! Hope that helps!
Wow! What a great tip! Thanks so much! Will definitely try it! I actually bought silver sand as a back up, would it work with that, do you think?
holyshitballs Posts: 851
I would imagine it would, you could just take an egg cup full of the silver and add a bit of the powder and see, you wouldn't lose much if it doesn't! Just be careful to not add water, it'll be a whole drying out game if you do :o0
Thanks so much! I can only imagine the state of me and my wooden floors afterwards! Will let you know how I get on! xxx
somedaymrs Posts: 68
My friend mixed gold glitter with her sand-looked gorgeous
rubidoo Posts: 108
you could also go to your local pet shop and buy some chinchilla sand..comes in 2ltr bottles and only about €5..might be worth a try
Meggi Posts: 383
We got sand for our unity candles from allaboutweddings.ie. They came in 24oz tubes, which were a decent size. They might have some in the wol shop either. http://shop.allaboutweddings.ie//unity-sand-c-1330.html