Got our wedding rings today!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Gummiebear Posts: 2911
We went to Newry to get our rings and the first shop we went to was awful :eek :eek It is a well known jewellers and I was so surprised at their lack of interest. I asked the girl if I could see her Platinum wedding bands and she told me she didn't have any :eek I told her there was a tray in the window and she asked me if I was sure. She hadn't got a ring to fit H2B and handed him the bunch of rings for measuring your finger and told him to do it himself. She then told him he was a W and she would order a ring for him. I told her we would go for a coffee and come back....................NOT. We went on into the town then and went to Jack Murphy's jewellers and the girls were so so helpful. They cleaned my Ering for me (even though I didn't buy it there) and H2B finger measures as a T not a W :eek Anyway ordered from them and can't wait to pick them up :o)ll :o)ll
evalena Posts: 1130
Hi Gummi bear I've sent you a pm x
babybambino Posts: 940
That's brilliant, well done! We had a look at the weekend and I've chosen mine but fiance couldn't decide, he narrowed it down to about 6! The jeweller had some great designs, he told us he made 3 for himself!
allotta Posts: 856
:o)ll ah how excitin, we got ours in belfast n i wore mine the whole way home :o0 i just :lvs it dat much i didnt wanna take it off :o0
evalena Posts: 1130
[quote="Gummi bear":3awn8mgk] She then told him he was a W and she would order a ring for him. [/quote:3awn8mgk] OMG I soooo misunderstood this the first time I read it!!!! :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0
Thanks girls it is great to get them at last coz it makes it kind of real IYKWIM. I just kept staring at H2B's hand when he had the ring on and thinking it looked so good :o0 :o0 @ Evalena I just pm'd you back there and yes maybe I should have said...................She told him he was a SIZE w :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0
the winner Posts: 4148
Hey Gummi Wow very good.. I want my ring made because I want my ering slightly changed, do the make rings there??
[quote="The Winner":332s98bi]Hey Gummi Wow very good.. I want my ring made because I want my ering slightly changed, do the make rings there??[/quote:332s98bi] Not sure hon but ring them nd ask. I was gonna get a little groove out of my wedding band but decided not to so I could wear it on it's own if I ever wanted to.
kae Posts: 83
Thanks for the name of jeweler. You must be getting excited now.
bigbelly2 Posts: 29
Hi gummi bear, thats great about your rings, do u mind if i ask, is that jewellers reasonably priced?did u save much getting them there? only ask as am on the hunt for engagement ring ( hopefully next month) and refuse to be ripped off up here!so far faller in derry is no 1 but newry would be so handy for us..thanks a mill x