Grooms wear

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Brunette bride to be Posts: 3
Hey ladies and gents (Not discriminating) I'm wondering if you could possibly post any feedback on having a tailored suit for the Groom. My HTB has tried on one or two and if i do say so myself he looks rather dashing. The only dilemma we have, is what do the best man, grooms man fathers etc wear to compliment him? We're not in a position to buy a load of tailored suits for the rest of the party so were thinking of hiring the rest of the suits....... But what to hire and where to hire??? All the men (quite rightly) want to look their best If anyone has any ideas or suggestions i would be most grateful. :o)ll Cheers
seans missus Posts: 1381
We hired all of our suits for our wedding. The groom and groomsmen were in tails. Both of the fathers were in a morning suit but with the same colour of waistcoat and cravat. My husband wore a cream cravat and waistcoat and the rest of the men had silver. Suit hire places have many different styles and colours. They usually try to suit the build of the men too. Worth having a look at your local hire shop.
seans missus Posts: 1381
Where about are you based?
Brunette bride to be Posts: 3
Hi, many thanks for the reply, we're living in Dublin, however getting married in Cork so either suit