Gynaecologist recommendations in Cork?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

tinyfeet Posts: 3482
Hi girls, has anyone got any recommendations? I'm 5 weeks gone & I'm a bit clueless to be honest! :-8
slinkyminx Posts: 650
I have Dan McKenna, he came highly recommended. I was recently in the CUMH for a couple of days & he came in to see me, as my first appt with him isn't until later this month. He was extremely nice & reassuring. HTH :wv
neeov Posts: 4256
you need to book very quickly as they are very busy and may not take you if you don't book early.
bugaboo Posts: 65
Hi there first of all congratulations on your news. I would highly reccomend Matt hewitt, or his wife Louise Kenny. I had ds in november and saw dr hewitt for the 9 months and his wife delivered our baby as he was out of the country. She was fantastic. You should ring tomorrow to book an app. Pm me if you need numbers
hi bugaboo, thanks for the info. Can u please give me your gynaeacologists number? Thanks again.
I meant to pm that but ended up sending it here! Oops! If u wouldn't mind pm'ing me the number that wud b great bugaboo. Thx. :-8 Slinkyminx I pm'd u :wv
Mrsexcited Posts: 927
hiya kindanervous, firstly congrats. did you get your doctor to confirm your pregnancy? if you did he/she should have given you the list of consultants and their numbers. thats what happened with me. my doctor gave me the list of names and numbers. when i rang the private clinic i was lucky to get a Dr. O'Donoghue. you need to ring as soon as possible. Very hard to get someone. Sorry i don't have the number with me today. Good Luck.
Thanks MrsExcited, ya I got it confirmed by doc last Friday. He said to ring him once I've decided to go private or public & he'll send me out a list. We've decided to go private so I must ring him today. It's all so confusing, I dont know where to start!! :o)ll
bugaboo Posts: 65
Hi I would say go ahead and Dont wait too long for doc list ring the private clinic and they will give you an app with one of the consultants. number is 021 4941392 or 021 4941397
Thanks a mil Bugaboo, will ring today. x