Halloween weekend Wedding

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

freenajean Posts: 64
Hi B2Bs After the meal the function room needs to be cleared for dancing. I was thinking of putting pumpkin nightlights on the tables at this time so it will look different when people come back in... What do ye reckon?? Ps i wont take offence if you think it sad or corny. Thanks lots
Bubski Posts: 1785
I dont think its too corny, really depends on how your quests would take it. But hey its your day if you wanna do so. Dont know if hallowe'en and weddings make a good mix though?
bingowings Posts: 1388
I don't think its [i:1bec3l8t]too[/i:1bec3l8t] corny but think you could have some great fun with a halloween theme, that you shouldn't limit yourself pumpkins also, if you were to use fresh ones, it could be time consuming in the final run up
Heebie Jeebies Posts: 608
I'm also getting married that weekend, and personally I wouldn't dream of it. It's a wedding, not a Hallowe'en Party. But you should go with it if it's what your really want. It's your day.
Thanks Girlies I will have a bit of a rethink. Or maybe do nothing
Elliecat Posts: 2725
We love Halloween, and if we'd had our wedding around then we definitely would have done something for it. I think you could definitely do something without going overboard. The pumpkin candle idea sounds great, we got some candles in the shape of pumkins which were really cool (just for house, nothing to do with wedding), but can't remember where. You could probably get them off the net.
Thanks Elliecat I will have a look around. I just want somthing different.
Anonymous Posts: 24542
I think that is a great idea! A friend of mine got married on Halloween and she had Halloween sprinkles on the tables, the tables were called different names like the Witches, The Gouls, etc etc It was great, you could have SO much fun doing it to, oooh, so many ideas!!!
HI Vixx Thats sounds like fun I don't think I would be that adventurous though. Thanks Lots :thnk
gogglebox Posts: 910
I think it sounds quite cool! I wanted to get married that weekend, but missed the boat on the booking, so I'm getting married the weekend before. When I planned for the Halloween weekend, like you I was thinking that I could do something, but wasn't sure what. I agree that maybe halloween and a wedding isn't the best combo, but if you're just having a little bit of fun with your candles, where's the harm? I'm wanting to incorporate something autumnal into mine - just not sure what yet!