Menu

HANGING BASKETS - NEED ADVISE!!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lovethesite Posts: 1054
Calling all of you with amazing hanging baskets - the ones with millions of flowers! How the hell do you get them to grow like that??? Is there some miracle liquid or food that they need. I've set trailing petunias so need them to blossom :-)
highbeam Posts: 2578
I am no pro, but my Mam swears by feeding them tomato plant food once a week. And with petunias you need to de-head them so that new flowers will grow. I also always notice one of my baskets at the front grows much quicker than the other and it's because it gets more sun so every now and again I switch them around to try keep them even.
SGirl Posts: 2542
I agree with the de heading and also miracle grow is brilliant too. I love hanging baskets etc but i havent got round to it yet this year! Enjoy
mrsh11 Posts: 113
The three main nutrients that are included in most plant feeds are nitrogen, phosphorous and potassium. Phosphorous is the nutrient that contributes to flower production so if you want to encourage flowering, look out for a plant feed that has a high level of phosphorous. Forgot to add, +1 on the de-heading. It's very important for new flower growth.