Have you ever flown Aer Lingus to New York?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

EmmaF Posts: 314
edited.
edited.
Loops Posts: 287
Hi Last time I flew to New York we had personal tv screen in economy but my sister flew to New York a few weeks later and they didn't so I guess they just use whichever aircraft is available they use. I've never flown wit Virgin but I have heard great reports from them so I would probably pay the extra if I could :o0
edited.
donegalgirly Posts: 160
i agree with you, i flew with them once to New York and will never do so again, there were the rudest people i've ever flown with. I've flown with United, American, US Airways, BA, all back and forth across the atlantic. My choice would be United or American Airlines. The staff were fantastic on both flights. Aer Lingus is probably the easiest choice for me going home from the states right now (i live about 300miles from Chicago) and they are the most direct. But we will take the extra flight going through Heathrow if we have to. Aer Lingus really need to do a lot more to have returning customers!
stockbroking bride Posts: 2642
It's a pretty short flight it's non-stop and it's reasonably cheap EI to NY economy ain't that bad. I've flown Premier on the route plenty of times but wouldn't pay the differential out of my own pocket. As for going through Heathrow adding 3 hours plus (when you take into account transit times) to a 5 hour flight is nuts IMO.
gerbil Posts: 3528
I find them fineto NY but wouldn't go any further afield with them. The flight to NY is relatively painless - the flights to LA or San francisco for example,. or Chigago ...not so damn painless. I have flown American Airlines, nice staff but they managed to strand 19 irish passengers in Newark new Jersey, and Continental were ok, but the service on board was appalling. TBH i think it's very hit and miss, very few airlines are good nowadays.
hunky_dorey Posts: 2714
I flown to NY with Aer Lingus quite a few times and find them great, once we had a back-seat tv screen, I think only one of their flights have this, but it's never a problem as it's a short flight. The bonus is it's direct, I've gone through Paris and London before and it's a nightmare
hunky_dorey Posts: 2714
[quote="EmmaF":13j71fx4] Unless i'm missing something here - do any other airlines fly from Ireland to JFK? [/quote:13j71fx4] Delta
thirdtimelucky Posts: 857
I think the bottom line is that you get what you pay for. Aer Lingus economy flights to the US are relatively cheap, and you get a fairly mediocre service. If you want to pay the extra for better service and comfort, then that's an option. I'd prefer to keep the extra cash for shopping once I get there!