Have you managed to re-negotiate prices with your hotel?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Dee24 Posts: 608
Hi All We're hoping to meet with our hotel in a few weeks to try and re-negotiate on the prices for our reception. So I'm just wondering how many people out there have managed to re-negotiate prices with their hotel?? Thanks a million! Dee24
monkeybear Posts: 1926
half our guests are coming from england and the whole situation with the euro sterling has ment that things are working out a bit more expensive for them then we expected. our hotel has knocked a bit more off the price of the accommodation so its helped a bit, we also got house wine knocked down to 14.50
jmeath Posts: 5740
We got the meal down €5 pp !!! Delighted! Not having wine so no corkage. Room rate is the same i think...
bump
Bunnybaby Posts: 2701
yep we definitly have ...we got the corkage reduced by 7 euro, we got chair covers thrown in they were originally 6 euro per chair, we got the price of the choice of main course totally waived which was 7.50 and we got the evening food also thrown in about 2,500 altogther was well pleased..one thing i would say is go sooner rather than later cos if they think you can change hotel they'l do all in their power to keep you, but if they know your date is coming soon they know your stuck with the hotel so you kinda have to pay what they charge iykwim
agoc Posts: 29
Hi, Our hotel have offered us their 2010 prices. Everything reduced by 10%!
seans missus Posts: 1381
Our hotel has been quite good to us. We got our corkage reduced from €9 to €6. Room rate is now €150 per room. Our supper menu is now down €2 per head. Our meal-we dont have to pay for having a choice. We are having a free champagne reception. Our meal was brought down by €1 per head. No bar extention fee. Free anniversary dinner for us. Use of the spa the day after the wedding. Think thats it. :wv
bump Sorry guys, bumping this up again, want to try and have as much info on how flexible other hotels are, before we meet with ours in two weeks. Cheers!
july2009bride Posts: 532
Got €2 off per bottle of wine and €2 off per person evening reception, wish it was more but every little helps.
martsey Posts: 144
Our hotel is being really inflexible. It's really p*ssing me off!