Menu

Help asap re very,very sore lady area

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

cheer bear bride Posts: 3731
My poor little baba, we changed her nappy last night and when I put the baby wipe on her la-la she started shaking real bad and screaming in pain, it was raw red and very sore looking (not her bum all around her la-la) She screamed so we filled up the sink and thought some cool water might sooth it, it was just as bad this morn and she was in a lot of pain again There are a number of possibilites- I forgot to change her nappy when i normally do yest morn so she was about one hour later than normal and it was soaking My mam changed her in the afternoon and there was milton wipes in the bag aswell as baby wipes and MAYBE she accidently used them (I rang her and she doesnt think so) Then she had a poo last night and she was in her walker (she must have done it in the walker) and it was mushing up against her la la She got a top tooth and had a sore bum all week but not a sore la la Ive been lashing on the sudocream but she's very,very sore-can anyone help?
Sybil Fawlty Posts: 1541
Could she have thrush? [i:26z2o7zk]Signs of thrush in the diaper area A yeast diaper rash is bright pink or red with clearly defined edges. There may be small red spots near the edge. A thrush infection of the skin does not have white spots like thrush in the mouth. [/i:26z2o7zk] Sorry, no experience with baby girls, but it's the first thing that came to mind.
Never thought of that-thanks i'll look up more info on it and keep it in mind. I woonder if I should get an out of hrs doc or what should I do for the rest of today?
Sybil Fawlty Posts: 1541
I think I would try the doc or at least the pharmacist... have you got a pharmacy nearby that is open today? If it does appear to be thrush maybe a bit of canestan cream would give her some relief. I'm sure it's no harm either way to use it. Pharmacist would be a good bet. Hop she's feeling betting asap, poor wee thing.
theoracle Posts: 7664
oh, your poor lo! I don't think it would have been from leaving her in her nappy an hour over, sure that happens a lot, I think this must be something else. My dds used to get a bit sore from the poos when teething as the poos and wees tend to get very acidic during teething, but sudacrem usually worked. Keep it clean with water (no soap) and pat it dry and keep applying sudocrem - don't use any baby cleaning wipes for the time being. If there is a pharmacy open maybe they can recommend an alternative cream, and the only other thing I could imagine would be thrush. Here is a good link which may help, and there are pics of the rashes too: http://childcare.homestead.com/DiaperRash.html
Oh dear those pics looked very bad, hers is not as bad as that. She's napping now so we will give her some nappy free time when she wakes up and see how it goes over the next few hours, there is a chemist in Naas that's open today I think so will pop down later if needs be
MammySpice Posts: 2501
Hey cbb, Poor little one :action32 I think nappy-free time will be good for her and also avoiding wipes for the moment. If sudocreme isn't doing the job then you can use canesten instead - I found that excellent at clearing nappy rash quickly. [url:ew2ztyjt]http://www.canesten.co.uk/other/nappy-rash.htm[/url:ew2ztyjt] I'd say a trip to the chemist or doc would be worth your while if it continues for any longer - I'm with the wise old woman in thinking it can't be caused by the extra hour or so in a dirty nappy. Best of luck and hope your little one is rash free asap! :wv
mrs.july Posts: 3167
Poor Ava!! DD has had this now for over a week too and after a few days of me thinking it was just nappy rash my mam noticed she had thrush in her mouth so we figured it was thrush.Nowhere as bad as the pics but very shiny which is supposedly an indicator of thrush. Pharmacist gave me canestan 1% cream for her 2-3 times a day and I am giving her Daktarin gel in her mouth even though that seems to have cleared but said need to give it for a while so it can work through her system. Poor thing it looks so sore!
what about the possibility of milton wipes being used? Would that have caused it
theoracle Posts: 7664
It is a possibility, not sure how strong they are, but if there are bleaching chemicals in there it would cause reaction with sensitive skin I imagine. Look on the milton wipes packet, if it is irritable to skin there should be a mention of it on the packet.