HELP - NEED A BAND

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lorry08 Posts: 95
Hi girls, i m gettting wed in May 08 and as of yet we ve not booked a band. O:| O:| O:| Myself and my fiance both want a good band but have kinda let the wedding plans slip and now we re bith getting worried that we might find it really difficult to get a good band at this stage. We re getting married in wexford and would greatly appreciate your suggestions on bands. Thanks a mill [b:mou9yp4j] :eek [/b:mou9yp4j]
trevor2007 Posts: 14
We booked Fifth Avenue from Dublin. They do travel. They really are a brilliant band. Went 2 hear them first and then booked them straight away
Stella Bass Posts: 446
You could also try Cyril Murphy in the Dial M for Music agency. They're based in Wexford and have a lot of good bands on their books. I've just rooted out their contact details - or 053 9124205. Best of luck, Stella
Pearly Whites Posts: 707
try audionetworks.ie this is where we booked our band and dj. Best of luck :thnk
Sinful Posts: 956
You want the best band ever.... Book the The Shakes I swear to god they are fantastic, we looked at so many bands and these came up tops we both agreed straight away about them. We said we didnt care about the price as long as they where good and we went to see them at another wedding and :o)ll they charge €1600 and can recommend a Dj which we booked too its costing us band and Dj €1950 i thought it would be alot more. This band plays for RTE & dose Celebrity weddings. PW is the main contact and he is the nicest man in the world and very very proffessional. They are worth seeing i promise. Contact Details: Patrick Waller, (pw) St, Otterans, Carrick Road, Dundalk. Co. Louth, Ireland. 042-933-3431.
lorry08 Posts: 95
hi girls, thanks a mill for all your tips and suggestions. it s really got me started on the whole band search. any other recommendations really appreciated. thanks
ooddles1 Posts: 273
hey we had midnight swing for our engagement party they were excellent played loads not just swing stuff and did dj as far as i know they travel and they were really good value! they have a bebo site good luck!
puggle Posts: 848
We have the Kaye Twins booked. They're brill. I think they are in the supplier directory.
Justnew Posts: 80
we are thinking of booking The Bumble Bee, went to see them and they were very good..
aisling10 Posts: 15
Hi We had the best band ever for our wedding, We had a wide age range and everyone was up dancing all night. PM me if you would like there details. They really are brill. Ash