Help Recommend Nice Restaurant Dublin City.

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mrs Brightside Posts: 447
Hi ladies, Im looking for recommendations for a nice restaurant in dublin city centre. We are taking out dh former boss and his wife. Down the years they treated up to lovely meals in the following so we are looking somewhere equally nice but different. They took us to: La Stampa restaurant Fitzers dawson st Marco pierre white steakhouse Rolys bistro The Dylan Hotel restaurant It will prob be on a sat night in the next few weeks.it would need to besomewhere that we could get a reservation easily enough for 4. Thanks in advance
morningsun Posts: 784
How about Trocadero Fire Rustic Stone 777
SunnyK Posts: 3834
Was actually in 777 last night and while it was amazing its a very casual place and you can't book a table for any less than 6 people. How about Town Bar and Grill or Dax? Both lovely places for a real treat.
morningsun Posts: 784
[quote="SunnyK":2k05ij57]Was actually in 777 last night and while it was amazing its a very casual place and you can't book a table for any less than 6 people. [/quote:2k05ij57] Haha that must have been why it was in my head :-8 - I thought it used up be pretty upmarket? Never mind. Must try Dax sometime heard great things about it!
S WOW Posts: 412
What about Pichet Peploes Pearl Brasserie
Bfp4me2013 Posts: 760
SunnyK Posts: 3834
[quote="morningsun":1o3pix38][quote="SunnyK":1o3pix38]Was actually in 777 last night and while it was amazing its a very casual place and you can't book a table for any less than 6 people. [/quote:1o3pix38] Haha that must have been why it was in my head :-8 - I thought it used up be pretty upmarket? Never mind. Must try Dax sometime heard great things about it![/quote:1o3pix38] It's not cheap and the food was amazing bit it's definitely a casual setting, prob not really the type of place you'd bring people for a treat. You being a bit of a foodie too would love it, you should try it next time you are in Dublin. Forgot about Pearl Brasserie, that's a lovely place!
MrsGilhooley Posts: 1235
I really want to try the Chef's Counter at the Pig's Ear
DollyMomma Posts: 1231
Chapter One, L'Ecrivain, The Hot Stove (new place on Parnell Square, supposed to be fabulous), The Saddle Room (in the Shelbourne).
LadyLizzie Posts: 1724
I recommend Dobbins restaurant, it's near Howl at The Moon. It has been there for years, more tucked away and is one of those places that you kind of have to be in the know about! http://www.dobbins.ie/ The blurb sums it up better than I can: "For over 25 years Dobbins has been a landmark establishment in the Dublin Restaurant Scene. During this time we have exceeded our clients expectations to produce modern tasteful menus with the best of season fresh ingredients from our exceptional staff. Our serving staff are dedicated to offer you the best service you could expect from one of the finest restaurants in Dublin city centre."