Help with Job

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

b2bleigh Posts: 151
Can someone from HR please help me, I'm looking to leave my current job cos its not what i originally signed up for, its a lower job and I feel totally useless cos im disrespected all day long. I really hate this and want to leave but I'm finding a lot of agencies pushing jobs on me that aren't at all suitable. Can someone please help?
Anon10yr+ Posts: 1874
Leigh I would check papers and online websites personally.In the past I had the exact same thing, HR people shoving jobs at you that were not suitable.I think there may be Senior HR people on here though that might have other tips
Thanks anon, ill have a look thru the papers, just want to get out, everything else is going great at the mo but its sod's law that one part of ur life always has to be messed up!! Thanks for replying
Anon10yr+ Posts: 1874
try evening herald first,then fas maybe , monster website etc Good luck
Heflen Posts: 4050
[quote:1qlkpwnk]Can someone from HR please help me, I'm looking to leave my current job cos its not what i originally signed up for, its a lower job and I feel totally useless cos im disrespected all day long. I really hate this and want to leave but I'm finding a lot of agencies pushing jobs on me that aren't at all suitable. Can someone please help?[/quote:1qlkpwnk] Who is it who's 'Dissing' you? Colleagues or superiors? Did you sign a contract for a position with duties clearly outlined? Have you tried talking to your boss yet and explaining your frustrations?
its the girl i work with and the guy i work for constantly giving me hassle, shes a superior aul wagon. My contract states my rold but says they are subject to change within reason. I've been on the job websites all afternoon, just dont know how much more i can take in here, i know im better then this and im being treated like the office junior who knows nothing.
Anonymous Posts: 24542
That can just happen sometimes with peoples personalities. I know some places I've been I've felt I was being talked down to too by some people. However, my reaction is to stand my ground, state my case and ask them why they think I'm wrong, or why I should go another route etcetc. And if there's a good reason why I'm wrong, I'm glad to listen and change. I know you've probably made up your mind now (about leaving)but have you tried being stubborn and standing your ground, standing up for yourself to them etc? I hope I'm making sense, hope I haven't picked you up wrong or anything, I'm not trying to suggest you're letting yourself be walked on. I do understand that sometimes it can be disheartening to be treated certain ways. I know it certainly peevs me :) M.
Micheller, thanks for the reply, I do try to stand my ground but they always just run me into the ground. I felt so sick coming in here this morning. I work from 8.30 til 5.30 and cant take lunch because they give out if all my work isnt finished by end of day, mainly all of her paperwork. They give me filthy looks and silent treatment if i ask for holidays, she swans in after 9.30 every morning takes an hour lunch and spends all afternoon on the internet, most morning she is at "meetings". I just can't take much more of this treatment, my last job was high powered and i was in charge of several ppl i was respected and good at my job but I had been told i couldnt go any further within the company so i left, now i wish id stayed there. I feel like crying coming in here everyday. I took a certified sick day two weeks ago because i had blisters on my throat and my boss rang while i was in the doctors surgery and screamed down the phone at me for being off. Going to finish my sob story there before i start crying again.
Heflen Posts: 4050
[quote:jmhqx401]Micheller, thanks for the reply, I do try to stand my ground but they always just run me into the ground. I felt so sick coming in here this morning. I work from 8.30 til 5.30 and cant take lunch because they give out if all my work isnt finished by end of day, mainly all of her paperwork. They give me filthy looks and silent treatment if i ask for holidays, she swans in after 9.30 every morning takes an hour lunch and spends all afternoon on the internet, most morning she is at "meetings". I just can't take much more of this treatment, my last job was high powered and i was in charge of several ppl i was respected and good at my job but I had been told i couldnt go any further within the company so i left, now i wish id stayed there. I feel like crying coming in here everyday. I took a certified sick day two weeks ago because i had blisters on my throat and my boss rang while i was in the doctors surgery and screamed down the phone at me for being off. Going to finish my sob story there before i start crying again.[/quote:jmhqx401] Thats totally out of order. There are some right asshol*** out there. Keep looking for something better and dont let them get you down.
halo Posts: 1406
They shouldn't be allowed to treat you like that - legally you are entitled to a lunch-hour, and I know it's much easier said than done, but try to not give a damn going in in the morning - don't accept the paperwork from yer wan, sounds like a right ogre, and go home at 5.30 or whatever knocking off time is for you regardless f you get your work done-what's the worst that could happen? they could fire you, and at least then you'll be out of that hellhole. I'm speaking from experience here, got taken advantage of myself in a previous job - working sundays, late nights, no lunchbreak cos no time for it etc, you just have to really try hard to get another job lined up if you can't afford to just quit now and spend a few weeks looking (and lets face it, not many of us can afford to just walk). As for the hassle you have to take, again easier said than done, but try to ignore them if they are demeaning to you, and if they raise their voice to you, just stand up and walk away - when they ask you where you are going, tell them you will not be spoken to like that, and if you do this often enough, they might see that shouting at you is not the way to get things done. Failing that, get a doctors note (should be able to judging from the stress you sound you're under) for about a week, and go mental on the net/calling into agencies/etc to look for a new position, then just walk. Even if you have to give a lot of notice, chances are they're not going to be able to do anything about it if you break it, I've never heard of anyone going after a worker for breaking the notice period. Even if it means you won't get a reference from them, you will from your previous employer. I'm so angry sitting here thinking about your situation - I hate my job too, but the people are not a part of my reasons, and if they were, I don't think I would have been able to stick it as long as you - I would have been out the door immediately. Keep your chin up cos if they know it gets to you they will only do it more. Try and get yourself outta there!