heritage killenard

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

sammy1 Posts: 90
is there any heritage killenard brides out there?i heard it was taken over recently
Harlequin Wol Best Band Posts: 645
sammy1, Didn't hear of any change in ownership. We did play there last Saturday and it was a fantastic night. The staff were great and the venue was perfect for the size of the wedding. All the best with it. Harlequin :wv
AmeliaJ Posts: 113
Haven't heard that, and was there last week. Lovely location!
cremebrulee Posts: 8546
we got married there in august. there were no changes of ownership that we were aware of then but maybe that has changed since - i don't know. have you booked your wedding there or are you just thinking about it?
thanks for the feedback, i have booked my wedding there for next year, they havent been back on since booking, but i heard the hotel was taken over by the maldron group (3 star i think) by a reliable source, im sure they will keep it as is, but wondering if it is really true or if will change anything
AmeliaJ Posts: 113
I doubt the Maldron Group have taken over - no such news when we were there, and we would have heard. Besides, Maldron have a hotel in Portlaoise already (rebranded as such in mid-to-late 2008). The wedding guy there is great - if you're worried, why not drop him an e-mail? Hoping to book our wedding there in the next few weeks.
Apollo Djs Posts: 364
I live a mile from the hotel and have worked there a lot. There have been rumours about the hotel from day 1. I am a member in the driving range and par 3 course and the staff just laugh when they hear the latest rumour. Its there about 5 years now and is finding its feet with weddings.When it opened 1st the owners only wanted 20 weddings a year as they wanted to focus on corp work......the penny dropped and they realised that the money was in weddingd and they are growing that area now. David and the gang out there do a great job and i've always found every thing out there professional. Mark :wv
funandfrolics Posts: 6
Sammy 1, saw your post and just had to reply. My sister got married in the Heritage in Killenard in September and the Hotel was fantastic. The staff are excellent, especially Dougie and Annie. They made the day even more perfect for her and I cannot recommend them enough. I would just ask them out straight about the rumours but to be honest, if it was taken over by a 3 star Hotel Group you certainly wouldn't know it, we got 5 Star service all weekend there. Alot of Hotels are getting things said about them in the recession but I think alot of it is hype. Hope you get to marry in the Heritage and have a fab day, best of luck
jec Posts: 135
I was over with Annie this afternoon as we are getting married there in March. She just laughed it off when i said what I read on here - they are so used to hearing stories which are false!! We are absolutely thrilled with the service we have received till now and chat wait till our big day arrives. I have absolutely no fear that even if it was taken over that Annie & David would ensure all our weddings run as smoothly as possible! If any of ye have tips ye would like to share or anything different ye may be doing in the hotel we would love to hear about them. Good luck to all the Heritage brides! J x
thanks jec for your post, im not sure why this would be said if its not true, it is strange and annoying!!, i looked at loads of hotels and love this one too, so have high hopes too, would also be interested in any tips havent really got to that stage too, wasnt sure if there was any h brides out there, glad to see there is..