Honeymoon (more traffic in here!)

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

jellywellies Posts: 2268
Hey Wols - please don't shout at me as Im posting in here but there is more traffic!! Just wondering does anyone have any suggestions for a honeymoon in april (nxt yr?) Where is the best place to go at that time of yr? We don't really have anywhere in mind we want to go - I had thought Kenya, but h2b lived there for a few months and I don't want to go to the big big places like canada, new zealand and aussie for honeymoon - iykwim!! Thanks!! *)
ReginaFalange Posts: 10290
hey jelly We went on HM end of April/start of May and went to Cape town for 5 nights, then on to safari in Kruger for 3 and then Mauritius for 6 nights- was FAB :lvs :lvs :lvs Safari a truely amazing expierence- would highly recommend it. What type of hoiday are you after?
rosiemama Posts: 3363
what kind of honeymoon are you after? we got married in march last year and went to new york for 5 days and stayed in a really luxurious hotel, and then went to boston for a week. i absolutely loved it, was just pregnant at the time so didn't want a beach holiday. the weather was dry and bright and not too cold, a bit like a good spring day here, but perfect for walking about, shopping, eating out etc. if you do want some sunshine, the caribbean is good. or if you don't want to go too far you can find some really luxurious adults only hotels in tenerife / lanzarote and the weather would be quite warm there at that time of year. go into your local travel agents and grab a handful of brochures and see what takes your fancy!
Not overly sure what kind we want (awkward or what!!) Would like to relax and unwind for a few days and then go site seeing!! Some people have suggested a cruise?? But are they not SOO expensive? Have been advised to go all inclusive as well !!
StupidSexyFlanders Posts: 8402
We have been looking at two weeks in Los Cabos, Mexico and then 5 nights in New York. There is an amazing all-inclusive deal available for bookings made up to 23/12/10 in this hotel - we're strongly considering it. http://www.barcelo.com/BarceloHotels/en ... Cabos/Home
rosiemama Posts: 3363
i think you can get some reasonable cruises these days, especially at that time of year. we had thought about it but dh didn't fancy being stuck on a boat! some of them look amazing, would be worth a look. a friend of mine went to mexico for a week and then a caribbean cruise for another week last year and had a brilliant time. i think she spent over 4k though. you can get really good all inclusive deals now. if you're not too fussy about food it would be worth doing, but if you are a fussy eater i wouldn't as they can sometimes be limiting as to what type of food you can have and you'll end up just buying more anyway. hth
Mrs Summer Posts: 5040
[quote="*jelly*":2mwzsmg6]Not overly sure what kind we want (awkward or what!!) Would like to relax and unwind for a few days and then go site seeing!! Some people have suggested a cruise?? But are they not SOO expensive? Have been advised to go all inclusive as well !![/quote:2mwzsmg6] They dont have to be expensive, My friend went on one last may for honeymoon and it wasnt expensive at all, in fact it was one of her cheaper options, she booked it all herself and saved hundreds :wv
candypants Posts: 8575
Our wedding is sept and i want to go to lapland with dd in the november, not sure if thats happening yet though ;o(
Thanks for your replies - would there be brochures out for next april yet in travel agents?? Doesn't hurt looking, hehe!! We really wouldn't want to spend more than 1500-2000 (inc spending money!) is that reasonable?
candypants Posts: 8575
Incl spending money :eek I would have thought you need at least €1000 spending? Am i wrong?