How did your h2b propose to you?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

beana Posts: 306
my h2b propsed to me on the way home from a friends wedding on the 2nd of june 07 in the back of a taxi cab. We were a little worse for wear but can still remember that oh so romantic proposal :hic :o0 .It wasnt supposed to happen that way as my h2b had planned to ask me on my birthday which was the 18 june this year. The taxi cab driver at the time gave my h2b his wedding band and my h2b popped the big question :eek . I ended up in floods of tears after id said yes and sobbed the whole way home. Then on my birthday we went ring shopping and found the most perfect ring and he got down on bended knee and asked me again :xxx . we are know planning our wedding next August and we are both so excited and nervous, but especially were so happy and content. :xox :xox :xox :xox :xox
jitterbug Posts: 226
thats lovely! My H2B proposed on a sunset dinner cruise in Hawaii (we were on hols there last June). I was hoping for an engagement on hols but still shocked and surprised when it actually happened. He bought a little token ring so he gave me that just as the sun was setting and by the time I'd opened the box and just had that crazy "oh my god is this an engagement ring" thought go through my head, I turned around and he was on one knee. It was so special and romantic and he's delighted with himself cos he thinks he really outdid himself with the proposal. He'd already called Tiffany's in New York to tell them we were on the way to choose a ring! It was my ultimate dream proposal, I wouldn't change a single thing. I feel emotional just thinking that we'll have that fabulous memory for the rest of our lives. He treats me like the most precious thing in the world and I can't believe how lucky I am to find a love like this.
MrsBlues Posts: 5170
Lovely stories girls :lvs My h2b proposed while we were staying at his brothers horse ranch in Florida, he took me for a spin around the ranch on the caddy car, and stopped at small patch between loads of beautiful horses & foals, told me to close my eyes and said he had a surprise for me. When I opened them, he was kneeling beside me with the ring in his hand. We were both in tears and went running off to find his brother, who promptly opened a bottle of champers (at 10 in the morning!) A fantastic day and I'll never forget it.
SecretBride Posts: 432
girls lovely stories...i love the the taxi one....those cab drivers see everything don't they... My h2b brought me to a hotel for a 'romantic' weekend...I went into the loo and when i came out he was on his knee with the ring raised...I thought 'christ man could ya not wait til i was away from the bathroom door... :o0 ' Howsever I said yes...
Spanish Bride 2b Posts: 778
Your stories are all so lovely. Mine couldn't be further from romantic! My H2b had been living in Spain for around 4 months with work. He came home for a night for his birthday and I took him for dinner in a chinese restaurant. After the meal we were having a coffee and having a serious conversation about our "long distance relationship" when he just blurted out " I wanna marry you" and this amazing ring seemed to just appear in his hand. Instead of just screaming yes I took a complete panic attack!!! We had to leave the restaurant :o0 After we got outside and I had recovered he asked me again. This time i didn't have to hesitate and said yes straight away. :xox We spent that night in a hotel and a few weeks later after my ring has been sized he proposed again, this time on bended knee. Needless to say its a night we'll never forget! :o0
Reecespieces Posts: 927
I love these stories!
Isis Posts: 484
my h2b whisked me off on a surprise trip to Paris and proposed over there
Mrs Princess Sparkle Posts: 3854
My h2b brought me to Scotland to the site where my favourite poem is situated- Inversnaid on the banks of Loch Lomond. Spent ages trying to find it but it was worth the search when he pulled out the ring! I nearly died of shock. It was amazing :lvs :lvs :lvs :xox Except for being nearly eaten alive by midges!
Mrs2008 Posts: 812
My h2b proposed 4 weeks after i had our daughter he had planned to take me out for my first night out after having her. That day he arranged for me to have my hair done, tan done and gave me loads of spending money to go shopping and when i was getting ready he came in with a huge bottle of moet which we drank before heading out. Went to a restaurant in town and was so delighted with myself that this was my first night out as a mammy that i didn't notice how nervous he was, when all of a sudden he got down on one knee and whipped out a fabulous ring and proposed :ooh :ooh :ooh i said yes obviously and we ran out of the restaurant cause we were laughing so much he went to the nearest bar where he had all our friends waiting to celebrate. It was fantastic :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
witty Posts: 165
Mine brought me to Paris and proposed on top of the Eifle Tower. Im afraid of heights and it took him 3 hrs to try and get me up their God love him he was so frustrated, but it was worth it in the end. :wv