How do you photocopy without getting that cloudy look?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lil-star Posts: 3149
O:| O:| original paper for the map for the guest book was coming out cloudy (that grey dirty look) went up to easons, got stiff white card and a new marker but its stttiill coming out cloudy and im whingy now..... im thinking feck it, it might make it look authentic (or smoke damaged!)
Woodstock Posts: 1565
:wv that 'cloudy' look it's either static on the photocopying machine, or dust, or light filters in. Try cleaning the glass of the machine and try again. Also, it helps if you put the paper from the feeder as opposed to lifting the top and placing it on the glass. In that case, when you lift the top, on the left hand side of the glass there's a narrow line of glass, this is where the machine scans the sheets you feed from the feeder; clean that as well as the main glass.. should make a difference. HTH :wv
rock-n-roll-wife Posts: 6579
it could be the strength of the copy.. there should be a setting on the copier to adjust the sensitivity.. its probably set to automatic, change it manual and lower it by one or two notches and try it.. hope it works! xx
rop Posts: 1453
if i said it might be something to do with the toner would it make sense?? ***ignore if not :innocent:
lil-star Posts: 3149
thanks girls, i sent h2b up to fix it, he ended up redoing my map on photoshop and then printing it out.... my map was better though :o0