How long would you hold it for?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Jawl Posts: 8881
Hey Girls, A little dilemma! Just over a week ago, I decided to invite FSILs around for a few drinks one Sat nite. And their husbands of course. To build some bridges and make an effort for Mr. Jawl's sake. 6 people, + myself and Mr. Jawl. I suggested a date to one of them, as I knew the others would work around her. Over a week ago she told me she'd get back to me tomorrow as she needed to check with her husband. Fairy nuff :) Anyway, my friend text me during the week, and told me her 30th party is on that same night. Which I was going to sacrifice going to, as I had made tentative plans for that Sat nite with the 'Fockers' :innocent: The thing is, how long do you think I should hold the night free for?? Bearing in mind it's not for another 3 weeks and it wouldn't be unheard of for them to just ring up that morning and say 'is tonite still on?' even if something hadn't been set in stone. Mr. Jawl thinks feckum, she wasn't polite enough to come back, so we party that night and re-arrange his family to another night. Me?? Well I'm trying hard to be the bigger person here :duh:
trance Posts: 3129
I think Mr Jawl has the right idea
Rocksie80 Posts: 4045
Thought this was going to be a thread about wee!!! Could you ring the Fockers and ask straight out "is that night going to suit, because if not we'll arrange it for X night instead", and have another date ready to suggest? Would be peeving if they cancel on the day/last minute and you miss your friend's party >:o(
BusyDee Posts: 8527
[quote="Rocksie80":1e2ax7iu]Thought this was going to be a thread about wee!!! [/quote:1e2ax7iu] So did I :o0 Feck them I say! Your friend is only going to be 30 once and you can always organise another night for them.
lolabelle Posts: 3311
Mr Jawl is right. Flipem! You waited long enough!
Decisions11 Posts: 1246
[quote="MrsDCee":36sz194s][quote="Rocksie80":36sz194s]Thought this was going to be a thread about wee!!! [/quote:36sz194s] So did I :o0 [/quote:36sz194s] Me too.. and I was honestly thinking.. How long [b:36sz194s]can [/b:36sz194s]I hold it for :o0 Go party. I hate people like that.
I think Mr. Jawl is right too girls, but you know when I get off my high horse and decide to make an effort with them, I end up feeling guilty, when I've nothing to be guilty about! I don't think I do anyway, but wanted to run it past you girlies and get other views. I can post again in a while to let yee know how long I actualy do hold my wee for, cos if my colleague doesn't get back soon, I'm going to burst :yelrotflmaosmilie:
paperclips Posts: 3146
[quote="MrsDCee":1tlke866][quote="Rocksie80":1tlke866]Thought this was going to be a thread about wee!!! [/quote:1tlke866] So did I :o0 Feck them I say! Your friend is only going to be 30 once and you can always organise another night for them.[/quote:1tlke866] +1 Me too :yelrotflmaosmilie: I think maybe text your SIL and just see if they are coming or not, if not then your free for the 30th. If she is humming and hawing about it, just say you are putting it off to a more suitable date for them! I know you have history with your inlaws so air on the side of caution and just check they are defo not coming over before you make definite plans for the 30th.
Time For A Change Posts: 6885
[quote="trance":1magntr9]I think Mr Jawl has the right idea[/quote:1magntr9] Same here. I hate when people say I'll let you know/I'll get back to you. >:o( To me, that's another way of saying "I'm going to give an answer yet in case something else more exciting comes up" - or is it just me who thinks that?
[quote="Noodlehead":2pf9mqug][quote="trance":2pf9mqug]I think Mr Jawl has the right idea[/quote:2pf9mqug] Same here. I hate when people say I'll let you know/I'll get back to you. >:o( To me, that's another way of saying "I'm going to give an answer yet in case something else more exciting comes up" - or is it just me who thinks that?[/quote:2pf9mqug] I think the very same Noodlehead!! It's just if I get back to them, they may confirm for that night, but I hate doing the running. The offer was made and it's up to them now. Also, if they accept for that night, I will have to miss my friends party. Secretly I'm thinking if they wait til nearer the date I can say 'Oh, I thought you couldn't make it when you didn't get back, and we've other plans now' :o0