Menu

How many nights in a row would you give Nurofen?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

ghostchild2 Posts: 6237
Ladies DS is teething quite badly at the moment. During the day I give him teetha and he is ok with that although when he wakes from a nap in pain he won't settle back to sleep after. At night time though when he wakes up screaming crying (he doesn't do this if he's hungry) and won't settle I've been giving him baby nurofen. I was giving him Calpol to begin with but it was still taking ages for him to calm down and heard that the nurofen would be better. I'm just wondering though how often can I give this to him if his teeth don't settle down? I only give it once at night and wait for him to wake up. He does wake up for a bottle during the night too but there is quite a difference when he wakes for a bottle and when he wakes screaming. Just looking for some advice as I hate seeing him in pain but don't want to harm him either by giving too much nurofen?
wedjul05 Posts: 5673
I find nurofen WAYYYYY better than calpol for dealing with pain. I would give it 2/3 nights in a row and then after that it should calm down. We go thru phases in our house where it is lashed out alot and then not again for months.
pigeonwife Posts: 3789
I asked dr about this and she said there is no harm in giving for an extended period if it's only once a day.
ghostchild2 Posts: 6237
Oh thanks for your replies, it's good to know. Am hoping it well calm down shortly. He seems better today and back on his food. He got his jabs yesterday too so eventhough he was in great form after that may have contributeded to last night. He slept better last night too than he has in days so here's hoping that continues :wv