How much exercise do you do in a week? (Poll)

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Jane Smith Posts: 3158
Currently I'd get in 3 x 40min walks / jogs per week but think I need to increase it. As per usual finding the time is the issue! Weekends just seem to fly by catching up on housework, shopping or just being away at something or other. There are always at least a couple of evenings each week where there's an appointment or meeting up with people. Hoping to start yoga soon so that should add another hr or so per week. I'm still trying to achieve that 10k!! I know that's a walk in the park for some of you but while I would run around playing games (camogie, tag rugby, etc) for hours on end, I'm not a very good long distance endurance runner. Just wondering what the general amount of time spent getting in exercise is among you?
eefc Posts: 1201
I picked over 5 hours but its only about 30 mins over that. Currently I go to the gym/exercise 6 days a week. 5 days definitely in the gym and generally I would get a walk in with H2B on a Sunday. Gym is a mixture of classes and PT sessions so its not the same thing over and over- keeps me on my toes! Literally!
MrsAtobe Posts: 1158
I do none, I'm an awful person. I stand at work for about 4 full days, go for the occasional walk, and that is the height of it really :-8 I used to be much better.
Jane Smith Posts: 3158
Oh eefc and Mrs. Poppyseed ye are depressing me on this Fri morning....certainly putting me to shame anyway, that's for sure. I'm a couch potato in comparison! :weep
ninja next Posts: 1548
[quote="Mrs Poppyseed":igz7gn4y]I do 5 bootcamp classes a week so 5 hrs, this was from nothing but I needed to get my Arse in gear as I am my sisters bridesmaid in a few months and two babies back to back had an effect. I think at least 30 mins a day is now the recommended amount of exercise.[/quote:igz7gn4y] this is really impressive with 2 small kids!! I am a bit erratic - some weeks i can be great & go for several runs & an a yoga class & some weeks im rubbish. Trying to increase my running at the moment & am goign to sign up to boot camp so ive picked 2 hours but hope to increase this to 4 or 5 over the coming weeks.
R2theB Posts: 1660
I go to the gym for an hour 3-4 times a week, depending on how busy I am with work. Then I walk for 30 minutes 3 days a week going to one of my jobs. And my job is pretty physical, it's not really exercise but at least it's not sedentary. How am I still nearly 13 flippin' stone?? RAGE.
teapotty Posts: 2085
Wow ye are fantastic! I don't know what to pick- I walk the dog 30 mins a day everyday but I'd be hesitant to call that exercise as it's literally the only time I walk anywhere. I am trying to run 2-3 times a week now but I've also just (started yesterday) started following a programme in a booked called You Are Your Own Gym- I'm aching after doing 20 mins yesterday. Hopefully in 10 weeks time I'll be reporting that I have a washboard stomach and arms like Katie Taylor :yelrotflmaosmilie:
Daff Posts: 11644
it varies between 2-3 hours. I started off walking in January. This was very time consuming and I'd spend up to 5 hours a week doing it. As I got fitter I then started jogging and now I can run. It's worth pushing it cause the faster you go the quicker you are (obviously :o0 ) but means now I can do the same amount of exercise in half the time. I'd now do about 3 runs a week of around 3-4 miles each (but would be running with the double buggy so that ups the exercise)
paperclips Posts: 3146
On average about 4 hours a week but some weeks I could do 7 hours if I get to the gym every day or spend 1hr 30mins in the gym over a couple of days. Really depends on the week and how busy I am. I would do about 40 mins on Cross-trainer, then a mixture of weights and tummy exercises for about 20 mins.
RoseDawson Posts: 1494
*hangs head in shame* sweet f all............... really need to get my a$$ in gear!! :-8