How much is your buggy?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

jmeath Posts: 5740
Just wondering aprox what people are spenidng and what buggy they got... We were looking in Motcare yesterday at the MY3 and Silvercross 3D...then we went to Smyths and found the same requirments we have for a buggy alot cheaper....Ive also checked and it looks like the savings on buggys uporth are no more.... Mothercare have the price comparison and they match!!
lisa Posts: 1612
We bought the mothercare my choice with the maxi cosi car seat and iso fix base. Ended up getting it for E600 in total. It should have been E669 plus delivery costs but asked for a discount and she gave it to me for E600 with free delivery. Apparently all the supervisors in mothercare can give discounts worth trying. I liked this best becuase the carrycot/ buggy are one piece and fold flat so less bulk. Also The carrycot looked like one of the longest I had seen so will hopefully get plenty of use out of it. Hope this helps.
jmeath Posts: 5740
Thanks lisa, this is what i was looking at.My dads gf has bought it. H2b thinks im mad to want to spend that money when we saw the ones in Smyths for €130, €170, €249.....we will have to compromise!!!!
contented Posts: 2625
we spent just over 800 euro but that includes the car seat and base. It's the I-candy apple and can convert to a twin buggy (should we ever need it)
esmum Posts: 426
We got the quinny buzz package from kiddicare cost under 700 delivered.
missust Posts: 370
we got the quinny buzz 4 wheeler package (dreami, stroller, carseat, footmuff) for 525 mothercare - ask for discount if u choose to go there
Daff Posts: 11644
[quote="missust":23ea7awf]we got the quinny buzz 4 wheeler package (dreami, stroller, carseat, footmuff) for 525 mothercare - ask for discount if u choose to go there[/quote:23ea7awf] I'm looking at this one too, and it's €749 at the moment. But somes with the Easy Base, foot muff and shopping bag. is this the same one you got, and if it is do you mind me asking where you got it? thanks a mill :wv
lisa Posts: 1612
jmeath, Before you make any decision, make sure you check what is included and if it covers all you need. Usually the base for car is not included in the package and that adds a E100 + too the amount. I got varied quotes from place to place, it usually turned out there was good reason ie/ included carrycot, or didnt include carrycot etc so every where you look, get them to write down price and exactly what is included. Ask yourself do you want carrycot or not? Do you want base unit for car or does fastening with seat belt suit you? How light weight is it? Will it fit in your car? Will you be using it on rough terrain or just city use? If you plan on having 2nd baby soon after no.1, do you want a buggy that you can add attachment for no.2? Hope this helps you in your search.
missust Posts: 370
got it in mothercare in drogheda. stroller was on sale as is last year's colour i think (gold). other stuff is 2009 colours. i didn't want isofix thing as they ruin leather and not any safer i read, just more convenient maybe. she threw in footmuff free - normall 60euro and she took money off the other bits. delighted with it. just remembered i got 30euro off next purchase too-so worked out at 495.
Daff Posts: 11644
thanks missust, i'll practice my haggling! :o0