Menu

I'm a binge eater. - Page 8

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mad Mod Posts: 1079
FYI http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic ... ckers.html
holyshitballs Posts: 851
FYI, My friend also recommends [url:v7quqnc9]http://www.b-eat.co.uk[/url:v7quqnc9]as another site of interest.
Hi BOR-any progress in getting over this?
Rogue User Posts: 6101
[quote="Mad Mod":2jrl6ksn]Hi BOR-any progress in getting over this?[/quote:2jrl6ksn] hey - I am still waiting for my referral for the counsellor - don't know how long it will take to get an appointment. The anti-depressants haven't kicked in fully yet either so it's really a little too early to tell.
I hope it all works out for you. I haven't really been trying to do anything about it for myself.
Rogue User Posts: 6101
[quote="Mad Mod":36hssk7q]I hope it all works out for you. I haven't really been trying to do anything about it for myself.[/quote:36hssk7q] Well, it took me years to actually accept this as a genuine problem - and a few more months before I did anything about it. even now I sometimes think I am being overly dramatic... I don't know - still think I have that Irish thing (is it an Irish thing?) about mental illness and "sucking it up" or "snapping out of it" I don't know ...
Kettles Hotel
AuroraB Posts: 89
Hi BOR, Hope you don't mind me resurrecting this thread but I just posted about a similar issue over on OT and SunnyK kindly sent me this way. I don't know how to post a link that isn't 3 lines long but it's under Secret Eaters. I was just wondering if you had made any progress with this issue or learned any coping strategies? I am on a healthy eating (in the daylight) binge (in secret) cycle at the moment and I'm just wrecked with the shame and the hiding and the bloating and all the rest of it so would be really interested in hearing how other people are managing their way through this. Like some of the others have mentioned, counsellor this morning also told me that it is a very common eating disorder that tends to get overlooked becuase it doesn't fit into any of the neat boxes and there is no "dangerous" purging behaviour.
bonnie2 Posts: 2
Hi guys, Saw this and I had to reply. I too am a binge eater. It's HORRIBLE. I used to be able to eat whatever I wanted and not put on weight, but now I can't do that anymore. I can still remember binging then, but to be honest I didn't see it as a binge then- it was just loving food! It doesn't help that I have a huge appetite, ugh. I'm only a size ten because I try to eat well the rest of the time, but binging will always be such an issue. I think that the utter shame is the worst of it. I remember last week, when I was drunk, we went for a takeaway afterwards. I'd had a bad night and all I wanted to do was eat, so I was secretly annoyed when someone suggested that I share chips with her- I wanted my own! That was fine, we ate them, and she commented on how nice they were only for drunk me to suggest getting another bag! My friend looked at me as if I was some complete weirdo/ freak. My other friend then asked if anyone wanted her burger, so drunk me made a show of myself and had a bite. The most embarrassing thing is that I remember my friends being like 'haha good old Bonnie, always there to eat her fill.' They meant it in a lighthearted way but I went home and cried ;o( . It kills me being known as such a glutton. I feel disgusting. Like many of you, most of my binging is done in secret, trying to hide the wrappers etc. Chocolate is my main food. However, I still get 'caught out'- I remember being at the luggage control of the airport and the security guy commenting on all the wrappers in my bag :-8 :-8 :-8 . So ashamed. The thought of food consumes me- I wake up wondering what I'm going to eat, etc. As I said, the worst is when I'm in 'binging' mode with my friends. The other day, we met for icecream, but of course that wasn't enough for me- I needed chocolate. I literally couldn't get it out of my mind. So I left my friends to go to the 'bathroom'- ie to find a vending machine and eat it as soon as possible. Ugh. So embarrassing. I have countless other embarrassing tales. Nobody knows that I suffer from this- its just so embarrassing.
AuroraB Posts: 89
Donlt know why I'm posting, just p'd of with myself. Went off on one yesterday, husband caught me trying to hide choc from him & I just felt so ashamed and fat and useless cause i have no willpower at all and yet I ask him to support me on yet another diet which he does - brilliantly, he looks amazing. Back into the cycle of guilt and regret and self-loathing today - how the hell does anyone break this habit?
Pom Pom Posts: 231
Bump