I'm such a gom..........

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

littlechick Posts: 758
Oh girls, I am such a gom.... I moved into our new house about 2.5 years ago. We got a whirlpool fridge freezer. Anyway now our fridge is broken and I have to get a fella from whirlpool out to fix it. Anyway I thought it was covered for parts for 7 years. Turns out I never sent in the guarantee form O:| never knew about this when I moved in, don't know how i didn't know, because I am usually very good with doing things like this. I rang whirlpool to explain and they said there was nothing they could do. I am so mad with myself, more money wasted............. It could cost loads for the parts. >:o(
Missus Lippy Posts: 5879
I bought a load of new kitchen appliances a few months ago and never sent any of those guarantees away. The shop told me to keep their receipts and if I had any issue, to go through them first. I presume the 7 year thing is an extended warranty? Maybe if you go back to the shop, they might have you on file if the stuff was delivered or something like that.
Oh missus lippy make sure you send them all in. They told me a receipt from the shop is useless. Not one thing I can do now........ Get all yours in now.
Mrs.slightly bonkers Posts: 3289
It might be best to buy a new. I find when things start to happen with fridges they are never the same again
A new one would cost me about €1000.00 so not really an option at the moment. :o(
ozypozy Posts: 2950
I've never sent any of mine in! Must get H2B to do that this week as he's on holidays from work. Hope you get sorted out, spending money on appliances always makes my blood boil!!
Missus Lippy Posts: 5879
[quote="littlechick":320mgei6]Oh missus lippy make sure you send them all in. They told me a receipt from the shop is useless. Not one thing I can do now........ Get all yours in now.[/quote:320mgei6] Oh shoot >:o( >:o( >:o( Better get looking O:| O:| O:|
If the guarantee had run out i would not be too bothered but it's the thoughts that I could have been covered and now I'm not just because I forgot to send in some form, so annoying!
overthemoon! Posts: 1479
our 2 year old dryer has died too. the drum is frigged. O:| dont know where to start-fix or replace or just hang out the washing :o0 :o0
busybee07 Posts: 959
[quote="annie30":2lp6i5j5]our 2 year old dryer has died too. the drum is frigged. O:| dont know where to start-fix or replace or just hang out the washing :o0 :o0[/quote:2lp6i5j5] Annie30, yeah you could hang out the washing, and by the time you have come it its lashing rain out!