internals

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

zoe f Posts: 104
just wondering at what point of your pregnancy do you get an internal exam
delgirl Posts: 1706
I dont think you will have an internal until possibly when you are in labour and they want to check how dilated you are. I had a few - one at 11 weeks, again at 12 weeks and then at 25 weeks due to bleeding but as far as I am aware it is not a required norm. I had a few internals during labour (36hour labour) but they are not painful just a bit uncomfortable.
Martiespride Posts: 997
i havnt had any yet thank god, but i have a sneaky feeling there is a few around the corner!!!!!
wombats Posts: 665
I never had any until I was in the emergency room in labour. I think that's the norm.
Peaseblossom Posts: 6642
havent had any yet been dreading them a bit
MumOfAis Posts: 18
My first was at 41w - 1 day before i went into labour
Lady Mama Posts: 162
Never had one until I went into labour
zoe f Posts: 104
im also dreading it a bit! but if you dont get one till your in labour prob be the last thing on your mind
fifteensept Posts: 565
Zoe F.....I haven't had any either I don't really think they give them to you unless you are overdue have complications bleeding etc or gone n2 labour and as you said at that stage it will be last thing on your mind, try not to worry about them.
ellee Posts: 666
Hey I was with the cons today and she said if baby hadn't arrived by next Mon she'd do an internal - baby's due Wed *)