Invite Wording...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

LK10 Posts: 62
Just typing out my labels for the adresses for the envelopes... do we say 1. Mr. & Mrs Jim Mc Clintock 2. Mr. & Mrs J Mc Clintock 3. Karen & Jim Mc Clintock Soooooooooooooooooooooo confused :duh:
Smileykaz Posts: 7296
We said "Mr and Mrs J McClintock" on the envelopes then on the actual invite itself we said 'Karen and Jim' But any of the options you have there are absolutely fine, whichever you prefer yourself.
Smileykaz Posts: 7296
Sorry, should have said haven't sent out the invitations yet, that's what we did for the Save the Dates! We'll be doing the same for the invitations though when we do send them.
chrystal Posts: 863
[quote="LK10":3uuzud83]Just typing out my labels for the adresses for the envelopes... do we say 1. Mr. & Mrs Jim Mc Clintock 2. Mr. & Mrs J Mc Clintock 3. Karen & Jim Mc Clintock Soooooooooooooooooooooo confused :duh:[/quote:3uuzud83] I'm sure all options are fine. However, I would be cautious if you are posting ones to a townland rather than a house number if using no 2 as there might be a number of similar names so it might be better to have option 1 or 3 in that case. I would pick 3 myself as I think it is nicer to name both people and less formal, but that is just my opinion.
Mrs Pots Posts: 240
We are going to put "Mr & Mrs McCarthy".
ame10 Posts: 209
Just jumping in on this what if invitees are not married/ don't have the same surname - do you put both surnames on the envelope?
bubblybride2010 Posts: 1490
[quote="ame10":1b1o6zmh]Just jumping in on this what if invitees are not married/ don't have the same surname - do you put both surnames on the envelope?[/quote:1b1o6zmh] We didnt- we just addressed to the person we knew best- if that makes sense- or in the case of a relation to the one thats related- we had quite a few of these too. Another tip that your prob aware of but i had forgotten :-8 is that if you put eg Mary & Guest- then when mary replies to take note of "guests" name for your table plan if your having one!