Inviting people who've said they can't make it..

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

ShinyBride Posts: 418
We didn't do save the dates, but we contacted a few people who live abroad to let them know, and a couple of them won't be able to make it, and another couple who live here told us they are going to be away at a family wedding. Should we still send them an invitation? I don't want them to feel they have to tell us again that they can't go, or worse still feel obliged to send a present.
craftyPB Posts: 2625
We have two couples who we know can't come, we still sent them an invite as we thought they'd appreciate it and enjoy having it as a memento. We were sent an invite to a wedding, even though the couple know we'll be on honeymoon, we simply just rsvp'd no again.
Panama Posts: 383
I invited my friend abroad even though I knew she couldn't come. I couldn't not invite her to my wedding.
lisavd Posts: 63
I also invited my grandmother and some others who we know won't be able to travel. We thought they'd still like officially having been invited and my grandmother may like having the actual invitation to look at and show people. Also nice to send one in case their schedule does change and they decide to come after all.
ShinyBride Posts: 418
Thanks girls!
ger2015 Posts: 45
It would be my opinion to still invite them, might save hassle down the line especially if its relations, it's nice to receive the official invite.