Is it all rows and tears over the wedding planning?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Smileykaz Posts: 7296
Evening ladies, As you can see from my ticker, the wedding is getting close now! 49 days to be exact! Anyway, people have been saying to me and H2B that now is the time that all the rows start and that we'll be HATING each other by the time the wedding comes. Even male friends have been saying it to H2B, telling him to give me a wide bearth as there'll be no talking to me! Just wondering if it's like that for any of you who are near your wedding now? Or those of you already married, did you have mad rows in the last few weeks? So far H2B and I haven't rowed at all. We don't row anyway in our every day life, we've had one argument in 4.5 years (I know you all don't believe me, but it's true) but we haven't rowed at all over the wedding. I often read on WOL about brides and grooms having HUGE differences of opinions about things and one side or the other being stubborn, or one side or the other storming out of the kitchen, or one side or the other being deadlocked on whether to do X, Y or Z for the wedding. But that's never happened for us, we're pretty much on the same page the whole way along. Is it all about to come crashing down around me?!
Scruff1 Posts: 3139
We're still a few months away but haven't really clashed about anything apart from maybe the guestlist but even that wasn't an argument...more a heated discussion!!! My OH thinks the prices of everything are extortionate but once he gets 'the look' from me he backs down!! Before we got engaged I reckon he thought a reasonable budget for a wedding would be like 500 quid! Anyway don't worry about arguing, sounds like it's not going to happen anyway if you've only had one fight in 4.5 years!! Nevermind people saying it's going to happen, it might in some cases alright but not necessarily in all I'm sure!! Enjoy the last month!!!
Smileykaz Posts: 7296
Thanks Scruff! I was starting to worry as loads of people have said it to us! In a kinda 'rolling their eyes' kinda way so I know they didn't mean big mad huge 'let's break up' arguments. More 'just DO it will you?!' arguments. But still! No thank you!
Bellisima Posts: 3583
I think that the one thing that might lead to arguments is if you're stressed out trying to get things done. You're organised and have everything sorted so cant imagine anything in that realm leading to arguments. Id imagine its an emotional time and you probably will begin to be on a bit of a rollercoaster as it gets closer and closer - cant imagine the nature of your relationship will shift massively though - Im sure ye'll still make it up the aisle :o0 :o0 :o0 !
Jawl Posts: 8881
We are still a good few months away. We had a huge argument at the very very beginning due to ..guess who......... :o0 We realised it was 2 years to the wedding and we were already arguing and made a pact there and then not to argue. We are getting married and don't wanna lose sight of that. I guess if there's gonna be arguments, that could be the time, but it's not a guarantee, it's just cos some people are so stressed. Enjoy this lovely time :)
lux Posts: 6270
I think people tend to love telling you negative things. I remember when OH and I moved it, all we heard were "Oh, you'll be tearing your hair out with the rows", we had a few minor teething issues (like which toiletpaper to get!) but nothing a chat wouldn't sort out. Then when we got engaged I think a lot of people think every woman turns into a bridezilla. Like, I have my preferences for things and I want a lovely day, but there are lots of things I'm not pushed about having, so I think we've had an easy enough time of it. Plus, we're having a short engagement so there was simply no time to have big rows!! I've done more of the planning, like I'll find two or three options, ask him about them and we'll agree on one. So I've done more work on the wedding than he has, which other people might resent but I have more downtime to do stuff, plus I think of the smaller details he probaby wouldn't. We might have a few tiffs, but we've had no HUGE rows during the planning, minor tiffs yes, but again nothing a chat doesn't sort out. Hug and a kiss and its all forgotten.
MrsBraxton Posts: 4662
We didn't have any major arguments in the lead up to the wedding. I was organised and nothing was left till last minute so that helped with the stress levels. Although one night, about 3 weeks to the wedding I think, we were sitting down going through stuff and he said he didn't agree with something and wanted to change it (can't even remember what it was) but I had a meltdown! :-8 It had been a manic week trying to get everything sorted on top of trying to pack for the week in italy and making sure we had everything we needed. I had a good rant at him and told him if he wasn't happy with something why the hell did he agree to it a few weeks before etc etc! Then he apologised (and grovelled :o0 ) and everything from then on was grand!
vidia Posts: 2960
Keep smiling Smiley!!! We had no rows coming up to the wedding, and we were like ye in that, we generally dont row at all!! Just enjoy, it goes by so fast!!!
skitchums Posts: 1283
Wollybride our weddings are soo close! :eek O-O We've had a few rows already but nothing that couldn't be sorted. Mostly about family and a few guests but as for the wedding plans themselves we've pretty much agreed on everything, surprisingly. If yer not the type to argue then I wouldn't worry.Although I'm sure we'll all be some way stressed in the weeks leading up to our day, that's only natural
vidia Posts: 2960
Gamlina UFORTUNATELY, Mine is 7 months odd gone!! Enjoy the run up to yours, Everything works itself out, and remember you only get one chance at this day, so make it count!! O-O :o)ll O-O :o)ll O-O :o)ll