Is it just me or...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Smileykaz Posts: 7296
...is anyone else dying to get married?! We haven't even set a date yet, concentrating on the house first but we're thinking it could be 2012, so far away, but we need to get the house first. But oh my God, I can't wait to get married! I spent my lunch hour trawling through the Wedding Reports going 'oooh' and 'ahhh' and 'I want that' 'and that' and 'oooh I want loads of THOSE' looking at all the girls' photos. And reading how happy they were walking up the aisle, seriously, I was like a child, all excited and gooey! Today I saw the most gorgeous flower girl dresses in Dunnes for 35 euro. I'll be having some young children in the wedding party and I had a pile of these dresses bundled in my arms and was marching towards the cashier before I came to my senses! (They're young kids so there's no point in buying anything now because we won't know how big/tall they'll be then, in three years time.) I had to do the walk of shame back to the rail then and rehang up all the dresses, it nearly killed me to walk away! And the funny looks I was getting off the security guard didn't help either! Oh I can't wait and I'm usually never like this - I'm not sentimental at all, I've even been known to laugh at so-called rosemantic moments in films (I'll admit I laughed when Leonardo di Caprio slipped off the piece of wood in Titanic, I'd had enough of the panting and longing looks by then). Now I'm turning into - I can hardly say it - I'm turning into...a bride! Sometimes I loathe myself. How're you all doing? Any stories to share with the class?
happy angel Posts: 928
:xox got engaged xmas 2005 so been waiting ages cant wait to marry my siul mate :lvs
capricorn04 Posts: 527
smileyKaz... i am the exact same, we hope to get married in 2011 but it could end up being 2012, but I have already started the planning any chance I get, i am either on this or checking out some website i have saved to my favourites I can't wait to marry my one, but its also a bit of an escape from reality for now oh and by the way; I am going into town tomorrow to try on a dress for the day after my wedding, so your flower girl incident is not far off mine :wv
bridezilla2011 Posts: 77
Me too. I cant wait!! I just booked the registrar to do our civil ceremony today. Its may 2011. She told me she didnt have any booking for 2011, but she would make a calender and keep our date fo us. Think she thought I was a bit crazy calling 2 years ahead to book dates. Im already picking out invites, looking at favours, dresses, shoes and just about everything else. We are going to have second look at hotel sat and maybe secure our date with deposit. I cant wait!! Im so excited too. Glad to see im not the only one gone wedding crazy. :xox :xox
Smileykaz Posts: 7296
Wow Happy Angel, only two months to go! That's fab, hope you have a great day. Ok, seems I'm not the only one gone wedding crazy, thanks ladies!!!!
Doll Face Posts: 3721
I cant wait :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll Sometimes i feel like im going to burst with excitment at the thoughts of getting married :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll PS and my damn ticker is not moving fast enough :o0 :o)ll
MrsWhippy09 Posts: 2346
I can't wait either ! We got engaged Christmas 05 so have been waiting a long long time. We're getting married 10 months from today and it wont come quick enough!! :o)ll :o)ll
tinkerbella2010 Posts: 762
I am getting married next year but really REALLY wish it was this year. I've really gotten into the whole wedding planning and find it all exciting. Now I just really want to marry my H2B sooner cuz i know it will be the best day of our lives. But we must do some saving first so thats why we cant do it sooner.
DaisyB Posts: 1708
wer getting married next year aswell.. i really wish it was sooner aswell but its all about the money..wont be starting to save till about may coz so many other things t pay for untill then! i go through phases wer the wedding is all i can think about all my ideas for the wedding do be running through my head when im in bed and i cant get asleep :o0 some weeks i drive my h2b mad going on and on about it aswell :o0 :o0
fluffiesmam Posts: 1470
i feel your pain, i've been engaged since Christmas 2006!!