Menu

Is LO sick or is this teething?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

walkingwollie Posts: 3344
Baby B has two bottom teeth that came up with no bother and the tips of the two teeth either side of the the top front teeth are down. I think the top front teeth are on their way and think they are causing some more difficulty. Last night, he didn't eat a full dinner and was pulling away from the spoon and closing his mouth, but otherwise in good form. After dinner, he had a bottle - a little sooner than usual - and threw up a little, just a posset-like throwing up about the size of a five euro note. He woke several times and was moaning in his sleep. His nose was running a lot (but totally clear and watery) and he sounded a bit congested. This morning, he ate a full bowl of porridge happily but was a bit off his lunch. Runny nose all day. Seemed very hungry but kept latching off the breast and was very slow to eat this evening - wouldn't eat regular dinner but ate a Ella's Kitchen banana brekkie that I gave him because it was smooth and happily munched on a banana and a strip of soft mozzarella that was nice and cool. After this, he threw up a little again - more like mucuous than sick (sorry TMI) but didn't seem bothered by it. Pooing a lot today but not runny, just small poos very regularly - think there have been six overall! I think it's the teeth but I'm wary of just saying it is and then it's something else? What are others experiences? No temperature, not sleepy or listless, just a bit stuffed up and off his food?
sunsparks Posts: 2196
Hmmm - the puking and extra poos would make me a little wary, but I know that DD's nose is the first thing to take off when she's teething. She always gets really really badly congested and snots up completely overnight. Maybe the extra poos and puke could be caused by the extra snot?
theoracle Posts: 7664
Sounds like teething to me, tbh since he has no diarrhoea and is not vomitting after every feed I wouldn't be worried, for now, unless things take turn for worse.
MammyC Posts: 3621
[quote="TheOracle":961se17m]Sounds like teething to me, tbh since he has no diarrhoea and is not vomitting after every feed I wouldn't be worried, for now, unless things take turn for worse.[/quote:961se17m] +1 just keep an eye on him, poor baby b. Teeth are awful troubles.
wedjul05 Posts: 5673
DS sailed getting his bottle 4 front teeth at the same time but lord, he went thru HELL getting the top front 4 teeth. He has a soaring temp, off food/bottles etc. He actually stopped taking 2 of his bottles after the incident, would not go back on them so they were dropped forever more. It went on for about 2 nights were his temp went over 40 and we had to give him paralink supp. He was ON FIRE! So by the sounds of it, your DS is getting some top teeth. I am dreading DD getting them but she was screaming the other night with the pain so I reckon she is.