Is sex safe??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

adelz Posts: 3088
Hi all, this is something I have thought about and so many people seem to have so many different opinions on it. Is sex safe during whole pregnancy?? Now I haven't been much in the mood of dtd recently but when the time does come I would like to know whats what??? Thanks all :wv
dancerformoney Posts: 2733
i have googled this extensively!! there is nothing anywhere that says sex is unsafe! i also googled orgasms and nothing wrong with those either!! in fact, the baby feels the happiness you feel after one, i know that sounds weird but it def doesnt affect the baby!! i didnt do anything till i was 14/16 weeks i think as i wasnt sure. but once the bullet was bitten, all was good >:o) enjoy!!
MrsGPants Posts: 835
I totally want to know too! Im terrified that it'll knock the little bean out, so i've been abstaining since we found out i was pg. My poor hubby he's telling me he has withdrawel symptoms cause we were at it like rabbits when ttc and now he has to go cold turkey. :yelrotflmaosmilie: Maybe once i see a heartbeat i'll relent!
buttercupbabe Posts: 1224
[quote="babsdel":39atx6ja]Hi all, this is something I have thought about and so many people seem to have so many different opinions on it. Is sex safe during whole pregnancy?? Now I haven't been much in the mood of dtd recently but when the time does come I would like to know whats what??? Thanks all :wv[/quote:39atx6ja] has someone actually told you its unsafe?!! :ooh I agree completely with pregnant dancer. if anything, its to be encouraged. obviously, as you get bigger, stick to positions that are comfortable for you but no need to avoid! god, can you imagine :o0 we had our birthing course last weekend & were even told that baby loves the sensation & after, rolls over for a snooze, much like his daddy!! :o0
adelz Posts: 3088
No nobody told me it was unsafe but I was just wondering.... Thats good so thanks so much, just was afraid I suppose to try anything, thanks all :wv
Ah good, I thought when you said so many people have different opinions that some people were actually telling you it wasn't safe. Go have fun >:o)
Babsdel, today's 'what to expect' tip of the day The rumors are true: At this stage of the game your wife just might enjoy sex more than she ever has. At 23 weeks pregnant, her genitals are swollen with hormones and blood, and the nerves "down there" are seemingly on fire. Ask her if she's up for seduction, and if so, go for it — but go slow (read: don't lay into the entrée until you've served up a round or two of appetizers), be playful, and most of all, be appreciative.  Let her know how sexy she is to you right now, and how wonderful her body feels to you.  As always, don't go anywhere without a green light — the roadmap of what feels good and what doesn't may have changed (even since last week).   And go easy on those giganto breasts — they still could be very tender now, as they are stretched to their earthly limits. :o)ll
Delphinium Posts: 3027
Not only is it safe...... it's better! >:o) Because everything is so much more sensitive down there you are far more likely to orgasm..... I have found this to be very true. Pregnancy also forces you to experiment with new positions if you've been the sort of couple to stick to tried and tested. All good fun! The old libido does tend to dip in 1st trimester - MS, sore boobs etc. are not conducive! - but it does recover very well in 2nd trimester. Enjoy!!
ciaraella Posts: 5323
+1 to all the posts, safe as houses! I was more nervous in the first 10 weeks or so and we didn't dtd much. I think it was just psycological cause i had no pain or anything like that, i just felt nervous and i suppose in those weeks you're still getting your head around being pregnant, not to mention the tiredness! These days it's not very acrobatic because i'm fast approaching the size of a house so spooning in the position of choice >:o) but we still dtd, it'll be after the baby's born that there might be a dry spell so enjoy it now while you can!
Marpat Posts: 1784
unless you're told otherwise - off you go!! Some are told are miscarriage to avoid during first trimester just in case. I'm pretty much avoiding it as I bled for a week after last incident! But I'm on aspirin due to so what would be a little bleed for others was a biggie for me. Anyway, way too tired to think about it but go for it!!