Is this normal

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Blackie Posts: 52
I am nearly 6 wks pg, but have had period-like cramps on and off for the last week and a half. No bleeding though, except for a tiny bit a week ago, and was told this could be an implantation bleed anyway. Has anyone else experienced this? I had a misc. recently at 7 weeks, so am understandably wary...
Anon10yr+ Posts: 1874
Blackie Take a friend/partner with you and book the Early Pregnancy Unit.It is better to check it out I feel or at least go to the doc. Thinking of you & hope all is fine
*Smajra* Posts: 1440
Hi Blackie, I cant say for sure that there isn't anything wrong so I would advise you to see your doctor or go to the above mentioned. However on a personal note, I too lost a baby at 12 weeks before getting pregnant with our youngest. I was devastated so when I got pregnant again 3 months later I was very anxious. I had cramps for the pregnancy that I miscarried but I also had cramps for the whole first 3 months of the other pregnancy and there was nothing wrong. The doc explained it as my womb expanding which was causing bloatetness so just to let you know that its not neccessarily anything to worry about. HTH, take care.
MrsSan Posts: 475
Hi Blackie, I too am just 6 weeks gone and have had really bad cramps, I woke up on Friday night and Saturday night with them. I was very worried but have been told by other mothers thats it is fairly normal. Have you been to see your Doc yet ?
clio99 Posts: 712
girls i had all these symptons, first at 6 weeks and then again at 10-12, was a bit of bleeding, would defo reccomend you goto the early pregnancy unit just to put your mind at ease
Blackie Posts: 52
Thanks, girlies, for the advice Mrs San - I went to the doc this morning and she booked me a scan for this afternoon. But, she did say a lot of people do get these cramps, so please don't worry too much.
MrsSan Posts: 475
Thanks Blackie. Please let us know how you get on this afternoon, best of luck xx