Menu

Just under a year to go, but already doubting the dress!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

jams Posts: 368
Aaaaw Janey, Girls! I ordered my dress for my may 2012 wedding and ive been looking at all the threads with lace dresses and wondering if I made the right choice! I thought when i went shopping id pick a lace one & I didnt, because honestly, they didnt suit me! But god, you girls have some stunning ones!
Smileykaz Posts: 7296
Now. Breathe. Go back and read your first post there again. "They honestly didn't suit me". The lace dresses didn't suit you. End of. The gorgeous wonderful beautiful dress you picked DID suit you. Stop doubting yourself darlin, honestly it'll do you no good. Yes the dresses on WOL are gorgeous, some of the Wollies have right stunners. But the one you picked is a stunner also. No point picking a dress you thought was gorgeous in a photo on WOL and wearing it even if it doesn't suit you, now is there? No. There's no point. Your dress will be beautiful, you will be beautiful, everything will be beautiful. Now, I think a cup of tea and some chocolate, don't you? O-O
Mikaella Bride Posts: 52
Hi, I SO know how you are feeling. I got my dress in January, I too thought I would go with lace and when i tried one on it just didn't seem to do anything for me. Nobody has seen the one i have bought but they are all just presuming that it is lace and very simple so I am starting to doubt myself now. I am getting married May 2012 too!
monsoonwedding Posts: 76
Iam getting married june 2012 and have bought a lace dress... I am opoosite to yous doubting my dress...i suppose everyone has their little niggles
buddylove Posts: 3288
Firstly- pics online are no way of gauging how a dress really looks! Secondly- you picked your dress because it suited you best and you felt amazing in it Thirdly-- If the lace did nothing for you then why would you think you want a lace dress!! lace did nothing for me either. It was nice but just didnt suit me for some reason.. Dont worry, if you put a pic of your dress up here I bet there would be wollies saying they want that dress!! we are just a pack of indecisive weirdos really!!! :o0
Smileykaz Posts: 7296
[quote="jasper11":92yjdfdw]we are just a pack of indecisive weirdos really!!! :o0[/quote:92yjdfdw] Snarf! Love this! I think WOL should change it's tagline. Instead of saying 'Ireland's most popular wedding website' or whatever it is, it should read 'Weddings Online - just a pack of indecisive weirdos'. It has quite the ring to it, doesn't it?!
buddylove Posts: 3288
[quote="Smileykaz":2s2rfh1k][quote="jasper11":2s2rfh1k]we are just a pack of indecisive weirdos really!!! :o0[/quote:2s2rfh1k] Snarf! Love this! I think WOL should change it's tagline. Instead of saying 'Ireland's most popular wedding website' or whatever it is, it should read 'Weddings Online - just a pack of indecisive weirdos'. It has quite the ring to it, doesn't it?![/quote:2s2rfh1k] and sums us all up in a nutshell!! :o0
[quote="jasper11":3d86ijj9][quote="Smileykaz":3d86ijj9][quote="jasper11":3d86ijj9]we are just a pack of indecisive weirdos really!!! :o0[/quote:3d86ijj9] Snarf! Love this! I think WOL should change it's tagline. Instead of saying 'Ireland's most popular wedding website' or whatever it is, it should read 'Weddings Online - just a pack of indecisive weirdos'. It has quite the ring to it, doesn't it?![/quote:3d86ijj9] and sums us all up in a nutshell!! :o0[/quote:3d86ijj9] Brilliant, so so true! I wouldnt mind , I posted a pic on here before i ordered and people seemed to like it! I suppose its one of them evenings :o0 [quote="Smileykaz":3d86ijj9]Now. Now, I think a cup of tea and some chocolate, don't you? O-O[/quote:3d86ijj9] Since this post ive had a BOTTLE of WCC Rosé & A tub of ben & Jerrys fairly Nuts, Feelin better already! O-O
MizMelanie Posts: 1443
Go on Jams - post another pic of your dress til we have a look!! Bet it's FABULOUS! I am another one who thought I wanted lace but then tried them on and they just didn't look right AT ALL. And I was SO SURE I wanted lace that in the beginning I only tried lace dresses and then after trying on about 8 or 9 dresses I said, hmm, maybe I've been barking up the wrong tree altogether and the dress I picked in the end was the furthest thing from lacy - totally plain, sheath style, silk. That was it. I found out afterwards that not a single member of my family or friends thought I'd show up in lace - one friend actually said, jaysus, you, in lace? No way. So don't worry. I know exactly what you mean because some of the lace dresses are so stunning on the models, particularly the ones with boleros etc and then we had Kate last week wearing lace so it seems like lace is THE way to go. But don't worry. Now show us a pic...
I cant post it without it being huge!!! :duh: