(Large )8/9 size shoes-shops that have very little stock...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

shiraz Posts: 770
>:o( >:o( >:o( All my life ive had severe difficulty in finding a size 8 or nine boot,shoe,sandal or any type of footwear for that matter in this size.Im 5"11 for gods sake,surely there are plenty of tall women in the world so why do I get the funny looks from shop assistants saying"Size 8/9?""Sorry we only do a limited number of "those" sizes"Like WTF >:o( Maybe I should post this In let of steam :o0 I feel like a freak when I ask for my size.Am I alone here?I know there are plenty of websites like cinderella shoes etc but does anyone else feel like they are always the ugly shoes in size 8/9?
mrs ants Posts: 813
Hi smiles I feel your pain as I too am an 8 and find it impossible to find nice shoes, boots etc., Next now do up to size 9 on most of their range and you can order them online for next day delivery!! I got my wedding shoes in Aibheil, Adare and they were really nice and helpful and had a good range in stock. Hope this helps.
Peaseblossom Posts: 6642
ditto have had size 8 feet since i was 11 and it got to stage shoeshop owner would say if they fit take em cos i used to get so upset about shoes survive in my mbts
charlotteyork Posts: 1275
Hi, I'm also a size 8 and my sister is a size 9. Its a pain in the ass trying to get shoes, but at this stage I have learned to avoid certain shops (River Island, Oasis, etc) as I just feel like an elephant trying to ram my foot into their teeny tiny shoes :o0 I agree about Next, my sister has ordered a couple of pairs of shoes from them and I never have a problem getting shoes there once I'm early enough in the season to get the bigger sizes. Also New Look do up to a size 8 and Dunnes have a size 7.5 that fits my foot. Doc Martin are another good option (tho maybe not for a wedding shoe!!) HTH
Peaseblossom,I have tose mbt,s also!My friends reckon they make my feet look even MORE MASSIVE! :o0
:o0 :o0 I know how you feel Aprilbridey!I feel like an elephant in Dunnes TBH.There is no way I would get my little toe into their size 8,s.They are tiny :-8 Thanks for the Next option girls! :wv
BrideBetty Posts: 172
I feel your pain smiles. I am also a size 8 ie. 42 as per Clarks. It drives me mental when the poeple in shoeshops try and tell that 41 is an 8. It's not. If Clarks the original shoe people say it's a 42 then it's a 42. Anyway Evans do size 8 but are usually wide fitting. Barrats do some shoes in a 9 as do Clarks. I always check the websites and then go into the shops as often the sales assistants don't want to bother ordering/ checking if shoes come in an 8. Also cinderalla shoes in Arnotts. There are a good few websites too but I'm always a bit dubious about not trying on first. Good luck