Lisnavagh house Carlow

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Milliegaa Posts: 42
Has anyone been to a wedding or had their reception in Lisnavagh house in co carlow. Have looked at the website and its looks fab and would really suit a small wedding. My only concern at this stage is that the house only has accommodation for 12 people and the rest of the guest will have to stay in near by guesthouse etc. Any feedback on this venue would be great. Plan and go to see it soon.
newyearbride Posts: 31
[quote="Milliegaa":2ra2sqmv]Has anyone been to a wedding or had their reception in Lisnavagh house in co carlow. Have looked at the website and its looks fab and would really suit a small wedding. My only concern at this stage is that the house only has accommodation for 12 people and the rest of the guest will have to stay in near by guesthouse etc. Any feedback on this venue would be great. Plan and go to see it soon.[/quote:2ra2sqmv] Hi Milliegaa just read your message about lisnavagh, we too are looking for a small venue and are considering Lisnavagh, it looks lovely on the website, however we have the same concerns about accomodation etc. I know there are B&B's + the Hilton hotel nearby but we are afraid this could be a bit messy trying to get taxis for everyone and some guest will of travelled from aborad and we feel they might feel excluded if staying in a hotel 7 miles away!! We are also thinking of taking a visit down there over the next few weeks. If we really fall in love with the place then I know we will work around the accomodation issue - some how!! Have you visited the house yet? would love to hear your feedback!
mpapape Posts: 7
So did either of you go and visit Lisnavagh? I'm hoping to get down there this weekend but would love to get your feebdack? We're in the situation re. visitors from abroad. Is the Hilton in Tullow the closest hotel? Thanks!
wooby Posts: 685
No the Ramada at Killerig Golf Club I think would be nearer..
newyearbride Posts: 31
mpapape have sent you a PM wooby are you a Lisnavagh bride to be? NYB
wooby Posts: 685
No I wouldn't live a million miles away from there