List of our Entitlements:

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Delish Posts: 4176
Most of us probably don't know all of our entitlements, so would it be an idea to start a list. I get the easy job of listing off the obvious: 1. Maternity Leave. 2. Children's Allowance. 3. Yearly payment of €1000.00 4. Tax credits 5. Holiday pay and Bank holiday pay for days accrued while on maternity leave. Does anyone know of other entitlements that we can claim??
happyfeet Posts: 1316
I have no clue!!! :o0
LilyBlue Posts: 279
Great thread Delish!
swissgirl Posts: 2301
Isnt there an entitlement in Ireland around childcare * something if you are paying creche fees * something for home carers. Sorry Im not more specific. i wonder what swiss entitlements are?!?!?!
molls Posts: 149
[quote="swissgirl":18d3ph5j]Isnt there an entitlement in Ireland around childcare * something if you are paying creche fees * something for home carers. Sorry Im not more specific. i wonder what swiss entitlements are?!?!?![/quote:18d3ph5j] there is definitely no additional entitlements for those paying creche fees (maybe you are thinking of the early childhood payments) and while there is a home carers credit, that only applies if you are off work for the full year and the value of it is much less than the PAYE tax credit you'd get if you were earning.
buzybumble Posts: 831
My brothers friends girlfriend is Swedish and is living over here for a year. They have two children one born in Sweden and the other one here. She gets all her benefits from Sweden sent over for the year and any Irish ones. I didnt even now that could be done !
mrscat Posts: 1082
how do the tax credit entitlements work?
2006wedding Posts: 965
probs a silly question here but how does this one work if u are on maternity benefit? 5. Holiday pay and Bank holiday pay for days accrued while on maternity leave..... does it mean you would get extra days holidays when you get back to make up for the bank holidays etc. that you missed while on maternity leave? i think in my case it about 4 or 5 i miss... mrscat - in terms of tax credits - you build them up while you are off on maternity so when you come back to work you will have several weeks with very little tax to pay as compared to what you would normal pay .. anyone correct me if i am wrong as this is just how i think this works?
charli Posts: 5994
think you have it all there Delish you can accrue annual leave and bank holidays for the 6 months full and 4 months unpaid leave and take this time say at the end of your maternity leave re the tax credit thing - i have instructed employers to continue to take my normal tax deductions and then when i have my first months unpaid leave i will get the tax back - which will equate to not a full months salary but a nice lump other are going to transfer tax credit to hubby's and be up that way but the way i have chosen is best for us re early childhood payments - some believe this is towards high cost of childcare though you get this whether you use childcare or not, for each and every child under 6 - not means tested, like child benefit - you just get it nothing else i am afraid girls!!
bluebell07 Posts: 182
Yes you get your bank holidays you miss out on whilst on maternity leave straight after your maternity leave ends - in my case I'll be missing 5 bank holidays so I'll have an extra week off work at the end of my maternity leave. You are also entitled to your holidays and if you take un-paid leave you are still entitled to all your annual leave days so if you normally get 25 then you'll still have 25 even if you are off for 6 months maternity and the additional 16 weeks un-paid. Hope this helps.... :wv