Menu

Little red spots around 3year olds mouth

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

little mrs sunshine Posts: 5523
A couple of days ago my DD1 got a few little red spots around her chin, yesterday when she got up she had more around her mouth. There are about 10 in total and don't seem to be botherign her. I put sudo cream on them. Anyone have any idea what it is?
Sybil Fawlty Posts: 1541
Check has she any inside her mouth... on her tongue... on her gums... Just suggesting this as our LO got a red spot on his face, the next day another appeared and on day 3 a third appeared. At first I thought it was chickenpox but the spots were developing too slowly and there were too few. He totally went off food though, which you haven't mentioned, and was in a lot of pain. Turned out he had something similar to the coldsore virus. Loads of sores inside his mouth (gums & tongue). Had to give him liquid zovirax to get rid of it. It was quite nasty but the zovirax worked really quickly.
little miss may Posts: 392
Hi LMS, there's a lot of 'hand, foot & mouth' disease going around at the moment. DD2 picked it up at the Creche. She got a couple of red spots around her mouth & on one of her nostrils. She got a few on the palms of her hands but most were on the soles of her feet. Poor thing also got them in the nappy area so they can appear in other places, not just hand, foot & mouth. My husbands nephew got a worse dose though. He had a high temp with it & a lot on his face. Unfortunately because it's viral, there's no treatment. Doc told me to treat with calpol/neurofen if DD got a temp (which she didn't) and to just use a barrier cream on the spots. I used aqueous cream. HTH
little mrs sunshine Posts: 5523
Thanks girls for replying. She doesn't have any other symptoms and no other spots anywhere. They didn't seem as bad this morning after putting sudo cream on them last night, have put more on tonight and hoping they get even better. If not will take her to GP on Tues. DH working tmr can't go tomorrow. Would love to know what it is. Don't think it's contagious as DD2 doesn't have it.
little miss may Posts: 392
Hi LMS, it sounds like the sudocrem has helped a little anyway. If you can't get to doc, could you try getting advice at your local chemist? They might be able to shed some light on it. I find my local chemist very helpful & to be honest it often helps save a trip to the doctor (& the €50 cost of the visit :-8 ) Hope your little girl gets better soon anyway.
bridalnowmam Posts: 2202
i too would recommend the chemist, they are very good and normally will have something that will clear the rash before u need the doc, especially if she is in no pain
first-timer Posts: 463
[quote="Sybil Fawlty":2ipnlvpd]Check has she any inside her mouth... on her tongue... on her gums... Just suggesting this as our LO got a red spot on his face, the next day another appeared and on day 3 a third appeared. At first I thought it was chickenpox but the spots were developing too slowly and there were too few. He totally went off food though, which you haven't mentioned, and was in a lot of pain. Turned out he had something similar to the coldsore virus. Loads of sores inside his mouth (gums & tongue). Had to give him liquid zovirax to get rid of it. It was quite nasty but the zovirax worked really quickly.[/quote:2ipnlvpd] Sorry for all the questions! Just paranoid about DD getting this and helps to know other babies have come through it!! Sybil can I ask, was it definately the coldsore virus your LO had? And has he had anymore reoccurances of it? Also how old was he when he got it?