Low HCG levels - worried...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

naughty nuptials Posts: 517
Does anyone know what "normal" HCG levels are? My doc called today asking me to come in for another blood test, as my results from 5+2 test are "on the low side" - 485. I can't seem to find much useful info on google - I wanted to see if any of you have had low HCG, and if you know what "normal" is? Am trying not to freak out...deep breaths....deep breaths... NN x
Jeidi Posts: 3128
Sorry I can't help but I just want to wish you all the best. Someone here will have some info for you chick :thnk
over the moon Posts: 676
Try not to worry to much. I was in a similar position to yourself just after I found out I was pregnant. My HCG levels @ 4wks were on 86.5 and had to have another blood test done so that they could compare and confirm my pregnancy. HCG levels usually double or triple within 2 days and when I got my results they were 226 which means the pregnancy hormone increased. I had an early scan @ 7wks to make sure everything was ok and it was. It's good that your GP is keeping a close eye on you. I'm sure the results of your next blood test will show that the hcg levels are fine... Best of luck :xox
oh thanks over the moon - I'm a bag of nerves here...have to wait until Thursday to see the doc - don't know how I'm going to hold out! But she did say that the levels weren't abnormally low or anything and that I shouldn't worry... thanks for helping! NN xx
Peak Posts: 825
Hey NN, There isn't really a normal level of pregnancy hormones for any stage. There is a wide range of acceptable hormone levels but whatever the level they should be doubling every 48 to 72 hours. If this doesn't happen then you should be worried but a single reading won't tell you anything so try not to worry. Hope it all goes well on thursday
thanks Peak - that's good to know. TBH, I think my doc jumped the gun a bit telling me that my HCG was on the low side - I wish she'd just said that she needed to do some more routine tests! Oh well - counting down the days... thanks to all! :thnk NN x
bellabella Posts: 2750
I wouldn't worry,i'd say he was just being careful becaus ehe knows how long it took for you.He is just minding you. Don't be googling ok and if you need to google, look up labour videos that will take your mind of it :eek :o0 So so so happy for you xxxxxxxxx
hi bella - you know - that's exactly what she said - that she just wanted to keep a closer eye on me as I had been trying so long (not sure what that has to do with anything, but I'm not complaining!). how's everything going with #2? Like I said in my BFP post, I remember when you got your first BFP - shows how long I've been hanging around here... :wv NN x