Lyrath other functions

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

gettinmarried2011 Posts: 15
Hi there girls, This is my very first post. But have been viewing the website since we got engaged in Oct, you ladies are a world of information. Think we have pretty much decided on the Lyrath in Kilkenny as our wedding venue, I just have a few worries that I'm hoping you ladies can help with: 1) worried about the bar area being outside the function room, does it split the crowd? 2) they gaurantee they only hold one wedding per day but can hold other functions, has any one been to a wedding where there was another function on? How does it work??? Its such a huge decision, I'm finding it so hard.. :wv :wv :wv :wv :wv :wv
Juno Posts: 2202
I wonder where they hold the other functions though? When i stayed in Lyrath recently the Club/Bar upstairs was used for the pre-meal drinks. Other than there i cant think where they would host another event..?
Hi Juno, as far as I know the function room can be split into three seperate rooms depending on the size of the wedding, ours will be about 150, and we will only use one of the rooms, the other two areas of the conference centre can be used for other functions. Was hoping someone could tell me how it would work if there was more than one function on. Might get in contact with the hotel and see if they can give me more detail. Thanks :wv :wv :wv :wv :wv :wv
i see. if i were you I would ask that you have one Co-ordinator/Events manager covering your day, and not both functions. Last thing you need is for he/she to be missing for 50% of the time.
Thats a great idea Juno, hadn't thought about one co-ordinator doing both functions. Thanks :wv :wv :wv :wv :wv
best of luck with it all! O-O
flow Posts: 296
hi gettingmarried2011, ive pm'd you flow :wv
Thanks Juno.. Flow have PM'd you back. Thanks :wv :wv :wv :wv :wv
flow Posts: 296
Gettingmarried2011, there's no pm in my inbox from you :weep
Sorry Flow, first PM, hopefully it should be there now... :duh: :duh: