Manuka honey while pregnant

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

benny313 Posts: 821
Well ladies I am suffering with bad acne, it is so sore and red its really getting me down :o( . Now that im pregnant (11wks) there is very little I can take. Someone told me to try Manuka honey on my face. I went into the health shop to get some today and 2 different ladies in 2 different shops told me I need to call my midwife to ask if it is safe to use. Just wondering if anyone has used it while pregnant. Thanks girls any help would be really helpful :o)ll
BabasFor2012 Posts: 1594
Haven't used it myself, but a quick google brings up a fair few sites all saying it is safe. Here's what looks like a pretty good one [url:vedprnd5]http://benefitofmanukahoney.com/2010/07/using-manuka-honey-during-pregnancy/[/url:vedprnd5] I'd say the girls in the health food shop may just have been covering themselves, if you are anyway worried the only way you can get proper reassurance is by checking with your midwife, but personally I would have no problem with it based on what I've seen online.
Thanks for that Bump, im going to use it anything is worth a try at this stage. :wv
PaniniRoses Posts: 3628
I'm not a medic, so don't know for sure, but if it was me I wouldn't have thought twice about using it either topically or eating it. I noticed when I was pregnant that almost anything I tried to buy in a chemist health shop was handed over reluctantly with a short lecture :duh:
pinkframe Posts: 628
I've had a chesty cough for the last 4 weeks + I've been having warm drinks with Manuka Honey + Lemon...recommended by GP.
rocj Posts: 799
Hey I have a sore throat and a head cold and i was told to take manuka honey and lemon so dont see why you cant put it on your face.
Well I put on my face last night. My right upper cheek is quite bad so put it on for an hour last night and washed it off. Woke up this morning and my right eye all swollen, looks lie I was in a boxing match ;o( So thats the end of that. Thanks for the replies girls :wv