Missed deadline for sending marriage cert

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Princess Lisa Posts: 379
Hey, I know you're meant to send back the document you signed with the priest within a month but we forgot - does anyone know what happens next?
miss_behave Posts: 27
Have you spoken to the registrar's office?? I would think that would be your next step, and you need to speak to them urgently... :eek Being nosy - why was the form not submitted?
Urban Fairy Posts: 3987
[quote="miss_behave":ecybovzz] Being nosy - why was the form not submitted?[/quote:ecybovzz] Speculation only.. but perhaps honeymoon? My honeymoon is 4 weeks long so my mams submitting mine!
Twirl Posts: 5598
[quote="DublinAngel":1s7kik0w][quote="miss_behave":1s7kik0w] Being nosy - why was the form not submitted?[/quote:1s7kik0w] Speculation only.. but perhaps honeymoon? My honeymoon is 4 weeks long so my mams submitting mine![/quote:1s7kik0w] Yeah im getting someone to drop mine in as i know i will forget. Ring them as soon as you can, im sure this happens regularly
yeah, honeymoon was over 3 weeks and when we got back we couldn't find it - had stuff at our place, my parents, his parents...then when I found it, I just kept forgetting. I've looked on goireland.ie and though they do say it has to be in within 30 days they don't say what happens if you don't meet the deadline so am hoping it won't be too big a deal!
Fancyabrew Posts: 276
TBH - It's kinda a big deal. I was told by our priest that if we forget to send it back we would have to go through the whole lot again, vows, registrar the whole lot. Best of luck, they may make exceptions.
Fancyabrew Posts: 276
TBH - It's kinda a big deal. I was told by our priest that if we forget to send it back we would have to go through the whole lot again, vows, registrar the whole lot. Best of luck, they may make exceptions.
missdove Posts: 104
I was so worried that i would miss the deadline as it's only 3 days in the North! I gave it to my sis to do for us. We were also told that it was a very big deal, but maybe they just say this?!
Urban Fairy Posts: 3987
[quote="Fancyabrew":3lle1ufw]TBH - It's kinda a big deal. I was told by our priest that if we forget to send it back we would have to go through the whole lot again, vows, registrar the whole lot. Best of luck, they may make exceptions.[/quote:3lle1ufw] If thats the case, OP dont worry too much, just do it descretley. You dont have to fork out for another wedding day, but they might make an exeption for you.
it's ok - just rang the office and said it was fine and just to post it asap. phew! :o)ll