Mistake on invitation

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

RIDGE Posts: 216
o ??
wah Posts: 1414
Not at all, i read it and thought whats wrong? Until you pointed it out so dont say anything and they wont either :wv
Toni Baloney Posts: 544
I thought the same as Wah. No one will pay it as much attention as you do!
lady101 Posts: 175
Thats minor compared to my mistake. I got mine today and forgot to put the date on the evening invites - dopey or what. What will I do?????? O:|
elmyra Posts: 70
Hi Ridge, I always thought that the 'th' at the end of dates was a replacement for the words 'of the' so it saved you having to write it. Think it's gramatically correct to say '20th July' instead of '20th of July' but I'm sure someone will know the real story behind so so am open to correction! In other words, you are a literary genius and you don't even know it!
deda Posts: 1220
Ah for God's sake isn't the right date on it.....I thought you put the wrong date or time!
sillysocks Posts: 1390
Definitely wouldn't worry about it - I had to read it about 5 or 6 times before I noticed the difference!
tootsy Posts: 779
[quote="sillysocks":2d1q86tt]Definitely wouldn't worry about it - I had to read it about 5 or 6 times before I noticed the difference![/quote:2d1q86tt] same as :o0
May09Bride Posts: 1050
as other posters said its perfect grammer, if you had the "of" july in it it would have been wrong - so its perfect!! Dont stress
cantwait19802 Posts: 18
I forgot to mention the reception on ours, completely, had to reprint the lot :o0