mooncups...pleasantly surprised!!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Kittyboo Posts: 1591
Hi Folks, There was a thread on here about a week or two ago about mooncups and a few of you said they were good. Curiosity got the better of me....so off I went to boots and bought one, even though I was convinced that I wouldn't like it. Just finished my AF and I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised!!!! They are very good!!! The first time I cleaned it I was like "EWWWWWWWWW thats disgusting" but got use to it changing it etc. They are so so so comfy and my period pain wasn't nearly half as bad as they use to be. So.....any wollies out there that are unsure of them or are curious about them.....give them a try!!!!
Kaycee Posts: 2107
how does it affect period pain?
Chillaxed Posts: 583
am still trying to decide if i will try this or not! sounds a bit messy!
@ KayceeTo be honest....I don't know how it does it.....but I didn't suffer as much this time with my period. Normally I'm in bits with the pain i.e heatpacks and packs of ponston. I have been known to ring in sick into work due to AF......but this month felt like I didn't have a period if you get me....... I don't know if it would work for everyone as it did for me.....but one thing I can say I won't be using pads/tampons again.... Mrs K 2B......give them a try. I honestly thought I wouldn't like them....the first time I changed/cleaned I was a little bit ewwww.....but after that I was grand.
b2bJune2012 Posts: 210
I had no idea what a mooncup was so I googled it....... Im not sure about that, not sure if I'd be brave enough to try it!!
b2bJune2012 Posts: 210
right have read quite a few bits about this and am starting to think it could be a good idea..... i might think about it a bit more!!!
Chillaxed Posts: 583
[quote="b2bJune2012":e8rmx6j4]right have read quite a few bits about this and am starting to think it could be a good idea..... i might think about it a bit more!!![/quote:e8rmx6j4] am the same, just can't decide!!
lolabelle Posts: 3311
YAY!!!! Welcome to the mooncup fan club!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll The reason the pain is less is because the mooncup doesn't absorb your normal vaginal mucus like a tampon does. A tampon dries EVERYTHING! Another convert!!! You will never touch a tampon or a pad ever again I promise! :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
I can see why some people might not like it i.e the cleaning of it, I was kinda grossed out....but stuck with it and I'm glad I did. They are very comfy.....as in you'd almost forget your wearing it and doesn't leak (once its inserted right) I found tampons - em - could absorb urnine (sorry if TMI) which I really really did not like. Pads - I couldn't wear a thong and I hate panty lines when I wear tight trousers. So.....I'm totally converted!
[quote="Lolabelle":3dzci2wy]YAY!!!! Welcome to the mooncup fan club!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll The reason the pain is less is because the mooncup doesn't absorb your normal vaginal mucus like a tampon does. A tampon dries EVERYTHING! Another convert!!! You will never touch a tampon or a pad ever again I promise! :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll[/quote:3dzci2wy] I can't see myself going back to pads/tampons (unless I have to i.e emergency etc) DH really doesn't like the thought of them thou i.e he didn't realise I was in the en-suite and he walked in the middle of me cleaning it....he's not good with blood (he goes light headed with the sight of blood)....so I think he's scarred for life now :o0 Was it you lolabelle that posted a topic up on this about a week or two ago?????????