MOTHERCARE BABY & ME EVENING

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

babydust2012 Posts: 4736
Morning ladies, Mahon Point are hosting their baby & me evening tonight and I'm wondering do you need an invite or can you just show up this evening? Really interested as I've heard great tips & advice is given as well as discount card & goody bag? Anyone been before?
gopro Posts: 1801
u jut turn up. it's a seated talk 1st n then time to ask questions n shop
Great job Yonex thanks, the 10% discount card is worth going for alone!! I wonder if you get further 10% off their sale prices? I'm looking to buy Maxi Cosi car seat & base!!!
little squishy Posts: 559
Hi I went, it was good, got the discount card, no goodies though!! No you can only get the 10% off full price stuff, I tried that one too!!
gopro Posts: 1801
I did get 10% of sale items in one store-the girl put it through on all items. If you are geting the maxi cosi seat, think about geting the family fix base over the easy fix. the family fix will do the next stage seat and also the carry tot can be tilted so baby can get longer out of the carry tot. one shop advised us of this ,
I will have to get the easyfix base as I don't have ISOfix in my car but I'm not too bothered about 2nd stage car seat having a base because you don't clip that in and out as much as you would the carry tot! I hope they are generous so tonight and I get an extra 10% off sale prices hee hee!! I'm so greedy!!!
One last question :-8 Hubby offered to come with me? I don't mind if he comes along but I don't want him to feel like a complete tool if its all women? Do the men usually go along aswell?
Well ladies, just to say I went to the Mothercare evening in Mahon Point Cork last night. There was a midwife there who gave a nice presentation on labour, skin on skin & breast feeding. Then there was a staff member gave demonstration of car seats & bases (we all had out buggies so she didn't bother demonstrating that) and then we were give a pack with no discount card!!! The family card has now taken over so no extra discounts!!! I did end up buying our car seat & base in their sale and saved about e80 in total and then another e15 on my family card so I'm well pleased. Was disappointed there wasn't more speakers as I've heard normally there is a first aid presentation and baby massage presentation.
Munchk Posts: 95
Hey just wondering did you bring your husband with you? There's one on tonight in drogheda but husband can't make it but if most people don't bring partners I'll brave it on my own!!
I left hubby at home in the end and was happy I did because there was only 1 man there and felt sorry for him if I'm honest!!