Music for civil ceremony/drinks reception

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

biddy34 Posts: 202
Anyone any suggestions for a musician / group for a civil ceremony and also the drinks reception? im looking for someone that could do both as are both in the same venue ! Something mellow for the ceremony and lively for the drinks reception , playing a mixtire of everything ! Im getting very confused and frustrated trying to go through vaious different groups! :o)ll Thanks !
SarahF Posts: 28
Where is your wedding?
Dublin ! Sorry should have mentioned that ! :o)ll
LaurenLou Posts: 62
We've decided to go with trad musicians for this. So if that's to your taste, you'll find some no bother I'm sure. All you need to know is one trad musician and they should know other musicians, and put a group together for you.
MrsSw1 Posts: 8
We got married a few weeks ago and I can't recommend Sacred Sounds enough. We booked the String Trio. They can play anything from classical, contemporary, traditional. We got great feedback from our guests and best of all they're very reasonably priced. I did quite a bit of research before our wedding and couldn't find any suppliers who were close in value at all.
[quote="LaurenLou":1qi61maj]We've decided to go with trad musicians for this. So if that's to your taste, you'll find some no bother I'm sure. All you need to know is one trad musician and they should know other musicians, and put a group together for you.[/quote:1qi61maj] Thanks ! Would you mind , p.m me the deatils of the musicians you are using ? Thanks so much !
[quote="BrooklodgeBride":2u9u1fft]We got married a few weeks ago and I can't recommend Sacred Sounds enough. We booked the String Trio. They can play anything from classical, contemporary, traditional. We got great feedback from our guests and best of all they're very reasonably priced. I did quite a bit of research before our wedding and couldn't find any suppliers who were close in value at all.[/quote:2u9u1fft] Thanks ! i did look at them , while they would be perfect for the ceremony , they arent really what we want for the reception , looking for something fairly upbeat ! Thanks again !
Sacred Sounds Posts: 38
Hi there! Thanks for the kind words Brooklodge bride :) If anyone is looking for anything upbeat for reception, yet serene and mellow for the ceremony, and don't think SacredSounds will suit them, check our our friends; 4inabar - www.4inabar.com - Ireland's national champion barbershop group. These are a really unique group that will bring fun to your reception. or else The Sax Sisters! a 4 piece all girl brass group! This group can play anything from jazz to classical music, so might be what you're looking for! Again very unique :) Best of luck with your search :) Laura
govosgal Posts: 36
Ive booked Stella Bass for my civil ceremony / drinks reception. I have her booked on her own but she is part of a Jazz trio. She sings in cafe en siene nearly every sunday afternoon. I think she is fab.