Mutton dressed as Lamb!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

candypants Posts: 8575
There's a woman i know, she is 35, 3 kids, her oldest 15 and youngest 4. Anyway, ive seen pics of her going out recently and shes wearing them lace see through tops with her bra clearly visable and a black leather mini skirt with boots over her knee.............straight away that screams desperate to me. Is she not a bit long in the tooth to be going around like this with 3 kids in tow? Maybe im getting old :-8
GreenerPastures Posts: 7284
My sister is 38 and has two children. She looks fab, not just for her age but any age. But she dresses appropriately. I'm not the fashion police and people can wear what they want and feel comfortable in but those see through tops and short skirts etc or for the young wans in nite clubs. The bonus of getting older is you know how to dress your body to show it at it's best. I'm not a prude but if I'm going out I choose, either a shirtish skirt and nice top or show some cleavage but cover the legs. It's either or with me but never both. I don't know why some women feel they have to have everything on display. My motto is leave something to the imagination.
candypants Posts: 8575
Exactly what i thought. O-O
LuckyYear2013 Posts: 3972
I don't think that look of see through top and leather skirt and FMBs look good on anyone at any age. Tack - fastic is you ask me
havemovedon Posts: 2013
[quote="Mrs Purple":15cfxmvj]I don't think that look of see through top and leather skirt and FMBs look good on anyone at any age. Tack - fastic is you ask me[/quote:15cfxmvj] +1 I've seen girls in their early 20s beaten into clothes that are too small for them.
Jawl Posts: 8881
I know a woman who lives near my mam, you couldn't find a nicer woman, she's lovely, but she seriously is mutton dressed up as lamb. She's on the short side and has really really short and bad looking legs (nothing wrong with that I might add!) and wears skirts where you can see her ass cheeks, and boob tubes down to her navel almost. She must be the 49-50 mark. She looked good dressed like that once maybe, but not anymore. She's dressed the same for 20 odd years that I know her. And all her clothes are really badly fitting. My pet hate actually is girls bate into a size smaller than what they are! I don't care what size it says on the label, it's all about comfort to me!
LuckyYear2013 Posts: 3972
[quote="Jawl":2wkgqvo4] My pet hate actually is girls bate into a size smaller than what they are! I don't care what size it says on the label, it's all about comfort to me![/quote:2wkgqvo4] Totally agree with this
BusyDee Posts: 8527
I know a woman that went to a funeral in a long floaty see-through skirt plus it had a slit up to her hip and you could see her knickers :eek She'd be 40-ish. You'd think her husband would have had a bit of cop on to tell her it was inappropriate but he didnt seem to notice! Wouldnt mind but she's a lovely woman but god what was she thinking????? Everyone is still talking about it and its the first thing I think of when I hear her name or see her.
GreenerPastures Posts: 7284
I think some women just don't seem to understand that there is a time and place to be 'sexy'. My cousin turned up at one of my uncles funerals in this slinky, sexy black cocktail dress. She did look great but just so not appropriate for a funeral. Maybe she thought she might pull a fella... :eek It might stem from insecutity and needed to be noticed no matter what.
Jawl Posts: 8881
My cousins wife turned up at her mother in law's funeral wearing a black skirt and jacket. Very short skirt and knee high boots! :o0 To this day I wonder why, because she's normally very conservative.